Esteemed Contributor

I think Rachael's 5 minutes has been up for a looong time. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

The really good news is that she is showing you how to cook and time is limited, so she has to skip steps and is not making the food to eat.

If you do those things you are talking about at home, well that's on you and yours.  Rachael is just showing you how to make the dish.

I am not a fan of hers, but I'm not eating it, so I have no gripes about stuff like that.  I rarely pay that much attention to exactly what she is doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I agree.

Remember the days when food handlers wore hairnets.

Now many chefs have full bushy beards——-not very sanitary,hygienic, or appetizing.

@IMW  I've seen male food handlers wearing a hairnet on their beard, lol.  It looks funny, but solves the problem.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I guess I’m in the minority here but I like Rachael Ray. She rebooted her 30 minute meals show and I really enjoy it. Also, she is not a cafeteria worker and should not wear a hair net while cooking. So shoot me! She’s a nice lady and a self made success. Just helping people get food on the table quickly and well prepared.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Many of the cooks on the Food Network have long hair...guess pulling it back doesn't look good for TV...
Respected Contributor

Yes, no hairnets well their shows so understand, their shows we watch & we decide if we want to cook their recipes. /We control 

Trusted Contributor

The food network needs to cancel that show...Rein her in!!  She is not the same, too loud and messy.  Never watch her show after one time.  They could take chopped off also, they played the show back to back...Bring in something new...

Respected Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

She's wild and impulsive in the kitchen.  A lot of people don't like her.  Not a chef, but a good cook.  Cooks a lot of comfort food intended for families.  She's OK.  My favoirite is Bobby Flay.  Love him.

Bobby Flay’s hands/ finger nails have always grossed me out 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am appleblossom 

The hair thing on anyone makes me queasy, so I don't watch.

Yea, I know I don't want to see inside any commercial kitchens.  We don't eat out much, and places we do are seafood shacks that mostly steam stuff.  I figure the steam kills the cooties  Cat LOL

I'm a dinosaur and remember when cooking shows were really about COOKING, not the person behind the stove.

I can't really watch the current crop of "food" shoes as they are just too overtaken by the personalities, drama, and goofiness.

Respected Contributor

Do all of you who are so offended by hair on cooking shows wear hairnets at home when you cook?