Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

@gidgetgh @Never heard of it but I like it.I always pick up pennies wherever I see them.i remember learning “find a penny pick it up and all the day have good luck”.I feel certain that if I don’t pick up that penny when I encounter one,I will have bad luck.

I also always picked up pennies, then someone told me to get good luck they must be heads up, also you make a wish then throw the penny down again for the next person. Not sure if this is true

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@dex wrote:

@gidgetgh @Never heard of it but I like it.I always pick up pennies wherever I see them.i remember learning “find a penny pick it up and all the day have good luck”.I feel certain that if I don’t pick up that penny when I encounter one,I will have bad luck.

I also always picked up pennies, then someone told me to get good luck they must be heads up, also you make a wish then throw the penny down again for the next person. Not sure if this is true

I haven’t heard about the wish and then throwing the penny but I save all mine to buy a lottery ticket.If the ticket wins a decent amount I donate but if small I buy more tickets.Pennies have always been my luck and everyone that knows me knows that.About twenty years ago we were visiting family in Canada and my son was in a bad accident.He was on life support and I went out to the hospital parking lot to get away for a few minutes.I looked up at the sky and said god please send me a sign that my son will be okay.I looked down and there on the ground was a shiny American penny...face up too!

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach 

Supposed to be the very FIRST words out of your mouth on the 1st of every month!

Hard to remember!  Guess those wishes must come with a bit of effort.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Never heard of it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I never heard of saying Rabbit, Rabbit.

I do pick up pennies and other coins if I see them, not for good luck, but because it's money and useful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rabbit rabbit!

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Suziepeach 

Supposed to be the very FIRST words out of your mouth on the 1st of every month!

Hard to remember!  Guess those wishes must come with a bit of effort.

@Drythe , thanks, I'll try to remember that, AS the past few months, it was like a herd of rabbits came & went in our lives.. hippity hoppity in oh let's see what can go wrong now.. hippity hoppity off into the sunset.. LOL  hmmm you might call it "the rabbit rabbit bad luck syndrome"..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I follow Robin Roberts on Instagram so now I know why she posted that today. I've never heard of it either, and now it's too late to do it today.

I sure could use some good luck. My birthday is on the first of an upcoming month too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Nope, never heard of that.

Trusted Contributor

My best friend in college (male) introduced me to this tradition but we only say rabbit once and it's a contest to see who can say it to the other first.  We lost touch for many years and I looked him up about a year ago.  I sent him a card to coincide with the first of the month with a picture of a rabbit on the cover.  We've been resuming our rabbit competition since only he has the time advantage as he's on the west coast and I'm sleeping when he's up at midnight on the first.  I wake up to his Rabbit emails.  Once he forgot and I got him first.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Re: Rabbit rabbit!

[ Edited ]

Never heard the Rabbit thing, but do abide by the heads up penny thing except we didn’t throw it back on the ground after making a wish.