Esteemed Contributor

RIP Helen Reddy!! Your music gave a young girl confidence to stand tall & proud.Your song I am Woman became my anthem.It's words ring true today more than ever!!

Thank you💐

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIP Helen Reddy

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy ...thank you so much for posting the words to a song I have loved since the first day I heard Helen Reddy sing it.  I am very sad to know that this wonderful talented woman has passed but how lucky all of  those who have passed can now enjoy her while she sings for them.  Rest In Peace Dear Helen Reddy and I will continue to Roar because of you.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma     Thank you for putting that so well.   I have also been a long-time fan of Helen Reddy (and a "libber").  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

There seems to be a gathering in heaven of those who believed in valuing and honoring a woman's contributions to the world.

May she rest in peace.

I hope she and RBG are having one heck of a party.  

RIP to two Great women

Super Contributor

Re: RIP Helen Reddy

[ Edited ]

Intersting to note...  The song "I Am Woman " was co-written by the man Ray Burton.

Respected Contributor

Sad to hear this news. RIP.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

So sorry to read of her passing.  I loved her song You and Me Against the World, it always made me teary-eyed.  May she rest in peace.

Yup.  Remember that one well.  Always felt that was how I felt about my son and I cuz it was just him and I alone together.

@rms1954 - It reminded me of my mother and I after my father died and I was a young child.  When my mom died, I was in my early twenties, so the line "when one of us is gone" really makes me cry.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear this as well. RIP Helen!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thank you for listing some of her songs.  I really liked her and had no idea she was ill.

RIP Helen Reddy.