Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 656
Registered: ‎04-16-2011

One of my favorites.  He was a champion of the working class, equality, and justice for all.  His passion for doing what is right and noble is missed.  He was able to critique all sides.  Much as many here respected C. Krauthammer, others of us felt similarly about Ed.  Missed his presence on MSNBC. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,059
Registered: ‎01-10-2013

@traveler,

Thanks for posting,

Ed Schultz,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 937
Registered: ‎08-26-2013

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,732
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@physicsnut wrote:

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.


If I recall, on both threads regarding the recent death of a conservative commentator, posters were very sensitive to the feelings of those who felt that loss.

 

People might not have agreed with his stance but overall chose not to be critical or negative.

 

Something to think about, @physicsnut


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

I had no idea who this man was, I never watched MSNBC before the horrible fate that befell the US on November 2016. Now inquiring minds have to know.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,910
Registered: ‎05-08-2017

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.


If I recall, on both threads regarding the recent death of a conservative commentator, posters were very sensitive to the feelings of those who felt that loss.

 

People might not have agreed with his stance but overall chose not to be critical or negative.

 

Something to think about, @physicsnut


 

 

Very true @suzyQ3. It never seems to work both ways, does it?

 

I enjoyed Ed on MSNBC. he was a staunch supporter of unions and labor rights. Chris Hayes did a nice presentation about him last night.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,941
Registered: ‎06-14-2010

This shouldn't be a political discussion.  A man passed away at a young age and was respected by many of us.  May he rest in peace, he will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,070
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

  He was one of my favorites when he was on MSNBC.I’ve missed him ever since he was pushed out.He spoke out for those who had no voice.

    Ed Schultz was a good man. He was too young to go.May he rest In peace. My condolences to his wife & 6 children.💐

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,527
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.


If I recall, on both threads regarding the recent death of a conservative commentator, posters were very sensitive to the feelings of those who felt that loss.

 

People might not have agreed with his stance but overall chose not to be critical or negative.

 

Something to think about, @physicsnut


@suzyQ3Hopefully everyone expressed honest opinions in both threads.

 

I only know of "Big Ed" on radio a few years ago.  He was sometimes incorrect in what he said and I found him difficult to listen to.  I'm not a yeller and I don't care for "bombast" in others.  (The reason I avoid "the great one." Ugh!)

 

Even so, I'm sorry he didn't have more years here on earth and I wish peace to those who loved him.

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,070
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

@physicsnut wrote:

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.


 @physicsnut   Sorry, but I disagree with you.He had every reason.