Trusted Contributor

One of my favorites.  He was a champion of the working class, equality, and justice for all.  His passion for doing what is right and noble is missed.  He was able to critique all sides.  Much as many here respected C. Krauthammer, others of us felt similarly about Ed.  Missed his presence on MSNBC. 

Honored Contributor

@traveler,

Thanks for posting,

Ed Schultz,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Valued Contributor

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

He was not a very nice person.  I remember back in 2011, I believe it was, the word he called Laura Ingraham - for NO reason.

If I recall, on both threads regarding the recent death of a conservative commentator, posters were very sensitive to the feelings of those who felt that loss.

People might not have agreed with his stance but overall chose not to be critical or negative.

Something to think about, @physicsnut

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I had no idea who this man was, I never watched MSNBC before the horrible fate that befell the US on November 2016. Now inquiring minds have to know.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

If I recall, on both threads regarding the recent death of a conservative commentator, posters were very sensitive to the feelings of those who felt that loss.

People might not have agreed with his stance but overall chose not to be critical or negative.

Very true @suzyQ3. It never seems to work both ways, does it?

I enjoyed Ed on MSNBC. he was a staunch supporter of unions and labor rights. Chris Hayes did a nice presentation about him last night.

Honored Contributor

This shouldn't be a political discussion.  A man passed away at a young age and was respected by many of us.  May he rest in peace, he will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

He was one of my favorites when he was on MSNBC.I’ve missed him ever since he was pushed out.He spoke out for those who had no voice.

Ed Schultz was a good man. He was too young to go.May he rest In peace. My condolences to his wife & 6 children.💐

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@suzyQ3Hopefully everyone expressed honest opinions in both threads.

I only know of "Big Ed" on radio a few years ago.  He was sometimes incorrect in what he said and I found him difficult to listen to.  I'm not a yeller and I don't care for "bombast" in others.  (The reason I avoid "the great one." Ugh!)

Even so, I'm sorry he didn't have more years here on earth and I wish peace to those who loved him.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@physicsnut   Sorry, but I disagree with you.He had every reason.