Honored Contributor

Dina Merrill, the actress, heiress and RKO executive whose blend of beauty and refinement made her the perfect woman to portray socialites on screens big and small, has died. She was 93.

Merrill died Monday at her home in East Hampton, N.Y., The New York Times reported.

As the daughter of Wall Street maverick E.F. Hutton and Marjorie Merriweather Post, heir to the Post Cereals fortune, Merrill was born into and raised in New York society, and her characters often came from upper-crust backgrounds as well.

---------------------------

What a beauty.  I loved her in 'Butterfield 8' and 'Operation Petticoat'.

IMG_1613.jpg

Honored Contributor

I always liked Dina M.  She usually played a classy and intelligent woman in her roles, which is probably what she was.  She could have just led a life of leisure on family money, but worked as an actress too.  I remember when she and actor Cliff Robertson got married - handsome couple indeed.

May she RIP.  

Honored Contributor

She was beautiful.

Super Contributor

Her Mother was the builder of Mera Largo .. the Trump Estate in

Palm Beach ....

Honored Contributor

Dina Merrill,

Image result for rest in peace images

Esteemed Contributor

Such class & beauty!! It just doesn't exist anymore.How sad.

Rip lovely lady.

Honored Contributor

NO!!!! Geez. RIP, Miss Merril. 

Beautiful, elegant, classy and talented, she was.

Esteemed Contributor

RIP she was one of the classic beauties.

Respected Contributor

RIP. She was one of the stylish ladies in films and TV. Not many left.

Regular Contributor

Re: RIP: Dina Merril, 93

[ Edited ]

Dina Merrill was the beauty "goal" of my high school friends.  The nuns couldn't figure out why we all walked around with a piece of tape between our brows..........until someone brought in DM's book where she talked about tape between the brows "training" you not to squish those muscles so you wouldn't get the "dreaded 11's"!!!!   Of course DM used "frownies" but we were kids and just used regular ole' tape! 

Thanks, DM for the memories.  I wish you and Cliff Robertson an eternity of peace.