Honored Contributor

Money Magazine just revealed the 10 Best and tihe 5 Worst Return Policies.    

They can vary a LOT ..... the moral of the story is .....  always check the return policy!

http://time.com/money/4124760/return-policies-best-worst/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl24%7...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RETAILERS' RETURN POLICIES

Dillards is another one that should be on the worst list.  After a short time (2 weeks - 30days, you cannot return it AT ALL.

Honored Contributor

Costco's return policy is very good.  Nordstrom always had a generous return policy.

I don't shop at Forever 21, Macy's, or JC Penny's. 

I'm pretty good at saving receipts.   I only use cash at Target now; if I don't have the receipt, I'm fine with getting a merchandise credit.

Honored Contributor

So with KMart if you bought it on Black Friday as a gift for someone and they didn't take it back yesterday they are S.O.L.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Very interesting and informative.  Thank you!

No JCP for me either.

Trusted Contributor

Macy's has one of the best return policies.

Dillard's in my opinion is one of the strictest. I once has a sales associate tell me that customers should know within 10 days if they want an item or not. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucibee wrote:

Macy's has one of the best return policies.

Dillard's in my opinion is one of the strictest. I once has a sales associate tell me that customers should know within 10 days if they want an item or not. 

That's true.  The only exception, if it's a gift.  Too many buy an outfit, wear it once then return it.  It's stealing in my book and I read one reason for the stricter return policies.