Honored Contributor

Hoping for suggestions here .... 

I recall that any election year the junk emails rise dramatically, but I've got that subject under control. 

What I want to know is how everyone else deals with all the kwap emails .... I bet I just delete about 80 a day!

Anyone ?   TIA 

Honored Contributor

Unsubscribe from the ones you can. And create rules in your email program to trash emails from any other senders and companies you don't want to see anymore.

Do you use Outlook? Apple Mail? Gmail? I can find you a link to instructions on creating rules for the email system you use.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Hoping for suggestions here .... 

I recall that any election year the junk emails rise dramatically, but I've got that subject under control. 

What I want to know is how everyone else deals with all the kwap emails .... I bet I just delete about 80 a day!

Anyone ?   TIA 

wow....80 a day!!!  i get annoyed when i have to unsubscribe to maybe 3 a week!

Honored Contributor

I get tons of stuff in my junk folder.  Not just junk, but everyday - I report several phishing.  I report the phishig, block the other junk - but that doesn't seem to stop them.  

We have one scam that's been going on for a couple of years in our area - we keep reporting it but it just doesn't stop.

You wouldn't believe how many peope die in Nigeria that have the same last name as me, and I'm their only living relative, and their "attorney" wants me to give him my bank account number so he can deposit $14 million dollars in my account.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Unsubscribe from the ones you can. And create rules in your email program to trash emails from any other senders and companies you don't want to see anymore.

Do you use Outlook? Apple Mail? Gmail? I can find you a link to instructions on creating rules for the email system you use.

this is the way to go 

I have been unsubbing from many emails recently

Esteemed Contributor

My email service has a "block" option.  Don't even have to open the unwanted email.  Just highlight it and click on "block."   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Re: REDUCING JUNK EMAILS

[ Edited ]

This may not be doable, but if it’s get too bad I create a new email account.  I had to do that recently.  I used my email address for something and right away began getting spam, which grew and grew.  I changed it and no more problems.

When not dealing with legitimate businesses, trying to block some of these only made it worse.  Many of them have endless email addresses and have their systems rigged to send even more email with more obnoxious content if you try to block them.  I learned that the hard way from another abandoned account. 

As an aside, I use three email accounts – one for online ordering, one for junk (like having to sign up for something where you don’t want to give your real email), and one for family and friends.  That system has worked well.  Most of the crazy stuff goes to the junk one that I rarely open, maybe a few times a year. 

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me 

Hmm.   I'm not that desperate ... yet ... but it's a good idea.