Super Contributor

Re: RECEIVED AN INVITE TO JOIN NEXTDOOR.COM

We’ve been members for some time.  It is a good resource for information.  During bouts of serious winter weather, many posts were about offering help or needing help.  Often neighbors post requests for reliable contractors or household maintenance help.

Notifications of lost pets go much further than a flyer on a door or mailbox and it is always heartwarming receing a notification that a pet has been found.

At first I was a bit skeptical about joining because I value privacy, but the “network” has not been intrusive as I’d feared it might be.

Honored Contributor

very interesting to hear what is going on in and around you neighborhood, county, and state. joined about a year or so ago. i get one email a day with highlights and emails (that you can turn off) when there are responses to a thread that you responded to.

have had no issues with the site at all. there is also a private message option.

great place for local questions, concerns, retailers, events, in search ofs, and job opportunities.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs   I belong to it and have never had any problems with junk mail or anything else.  Interesting info on the area neighborhood covered, including crime, recommendations for handy persons from neighbors who've used their services, etc.

Frequent Contributor

This is an smart phone app/website that connects you to direct neighbors and/or neighborhoods around where you live.  There is all sorts of information exchanged between you and your neighbors.  For example neighbors might ask for doctor or dental recommendations, hair or doggy salon recommendations, or home improvement recommendations, etc.  Some neighbors post about a movie they saw, restaurant they tried, etc.  There is a section to sell stuff - cars, home goods, services, etc.  You can post about a yard sale or upcoming event.  Neighbors share nanny services and housekeeping services, etc.  It can connect you to your local police/fire department and your local government. Neighbors notify if they are missing a pet, or found a pet, and they post about car and home invasions as well.  It's basically a forum platform just like here on QVC but in your direct neighborhood.  There is no junk email associated with Nextdoor.  I personally find it very useful, helpful and informational.

Valued Contributor

I really like it too.  I recently got together with some neighbors that never would have happened if not for Nextdoor.  And you can send a private message to somebody if you don't know their phone number or email.  It's really handy & informative, can be funny & entertaining too...we have a couple members that crack me up with their postings!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   I have  been a member for about 2 years.... I love it.  In fact it is one of my go to websites I visit daily.  I have sold items Fast!..... bought items... asked for referrals for contractors etc.... just a bunch of neighbors who help one another out. A lot of really nice people that I never knew before joining.  Spam mail? No. My email is only given out if I choose to in a private message. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs     Many times people lose their pets and they are found by the neighbors on the site....  dogs running in the streets are saved from getting hit. 

Honored Contributor

I love it. Gives a lot of good and interesting info and have not gotten any junk mail.

I've also been able to chime in with some helpful advice a few times for which I was thanked!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you one and all!  After reading all the comments (not one was negative), I think I will sign us up!

I knew I could count on you for feedback on this.

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I joined and quickly left.

Filled with people constantly complaining about their neighbors and veiled racist comments. At least, that was my neighborhood. Not something to be proud of, for sure.