Esteemed Contributor

Re: REALLY disappointed in QVC!!!

@topcat10 wrote:
She wasn’t told and that’s why she is upset....but then turns around in the same post to say who should’ve been let go....go figure!

@topcat10  Ohhh. Missed that post. Who did she think should have gone? Doesn't loose very well, apparently. I'm confident all of those hosts have received previous warnings and/or probations. Layoffs don't happen without some warnings or knowledge of low sales. KZ had been on shaky ground for years; don't know how she made it off probation. Both of them were good friends with SK, KL, MBR and a couple others from the same Church IIRC.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Regular Contributor

Wow so Antoinella is gone...ok enough of the the comments of herself because I believe that would help other ladies with their difficulties relate. So I say the company could have redirected her in her comments.  It would boost business. But business IS BUISNESS as I had my own. And you do have to be on your toes. All the time. And of course decisions are difficult. And one thing for sure in buisness you can't make everyone happy. 
  So you try the best you can. 
as for Antionella I'm sure she's very well compensated she's had many years there. I liked her too. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I think it's appalling how QVC is treating people!!!! So much for QVC being like a "family". They let hosts go with no notice! I am very upset that Antonella and Stacey were let go. There are others, right?

Kristna, Julia, Terri, Kristine-  They should all have been the ones to go! 

I think customers should voice their concerns loudly

@Tinkerbell3 

Voice their concerns loudly?   What concerns?  It appears you don't understand how corporations downsize, so this is a surprise to you. I understand that.  However, while the employees may feel like "family" they are still employees of corporations.   Reality check, please. 

This situation may actually be a lot different than it appears.  For all we know, an announcement was made in a host staff meeting a while back, telling them layoffs were coming.  They might have been asked if anyone wants to leave with a severance package, so people who wanted to keep their jobs could.  Volunteers can make out very well, in some cases.  You don't know what happened behind the scenes; sometimes getting out with a little extra cash is an "opportunity" for a host that's sick of their job or wants more family time.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I think it's appalling how QVC is treating people!!!! So much for QVC being like a "family". They let hosts go with no notice! I am very upset that Antonella and Stacey were let go. There are others, right?

Kristna, Julia, Terri, Kristine-  They should all have been the ones to go! 

I think customers should voice their concerns loudly! 

QVC is not a family or like a family.  It's a business, and everyone who works there knows that.  It's highly competitive, and their sales numbers are watched carefully.  The bottom line is what matters.  Keeping employees has to be cost effective, the same as any other business.

QVC is very big on having hosts present themselves as friends who wouldn't steer us wrong, and all the hosts and vendors carry on as though they're kissy-kissy best friends. No doubt some of them do become friends (same as any job), but most of it is hype, intended to increase sales.  They all know that their numbers matter and that all of them are expendable.  It's a tough and competitive business despite the way they make it look.

New Contributor

True. Due to Covid, I was laid off after 27 years.  No advance notice, no severance.

That's corporate America these days.

New Contributor

Don't think any of the four let go are at the age where they can collect social security.

Esteemed Contributor

@nycsue wrote:

Don't think any of the four let go are at the age where they can collect social security.

And that’s the hard part. You have gotten used to your income and you live around that level of income and to have to start from the bottom again is hard.  

Im sure they all have a lot to offer but competition is hard.  I wish them all the best.

Honored Contributor

• Well - they will get unemployment insurance for whatever months.  I'm assuming they have savings to tide them over, or spouses that are employed.
  • They all had jobs before coming to QVC - no doubt they could return to that occupation or similar.  

• There are other shopping channels.

• There are also info-mercial and commercials options. 

Occasional Contributor

Me too. I'm more than frustrated. Why they kept Katrina Szish, Julia Cearley & Terri Conn??  I posted a comment on Instagram & Katrina Szish -- basically attacked me... telling me how rude I was... someone commented that she shouldn't leave such a rude/nasty comment to me -- so she deleted it. I basically informed her "I was the shopper" so had a right to my opinion! They treated Courtney Cason, Antonella Nester, Stacey Stauffer, Kristine Zell (sweetest gal) & Gabrielle Kerr all like ******... apparently they were rubbish & disposable to QVC! I absolutely LOVED Antonella! She could sell me anything. I want to just wean myself away from QVC. I can shop elsewhere, Amazon, Walmart.com, Target.com & many other sites. I'll refuse to watch Katrina & Julia for sure... especially after the way Katrina talked to me! They both annoy me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It's my money, my choice! 

Occasional Contributor

Re: REALLY disappointed in QVC!!!x

Wow. You seem nice. The person has a right to their opinion. Just as you do... obviously it's their money to spend & shop with.