Honored Contributor

Re: RE: Too Many Prepared Foods on QVC

@ShowMe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe

Thank you! That is one of my kitties, my youngest--she's a sweetheart so very gentle ...a bit talkative...Heart

Well, she's a real cutie pie.  Like it when a cat is talkative......that tells you something about their personality.  Mr Mr. Lucky is very talkative.  He can be in another room and will start his talking to me.  Then eventually he will be sitting front me with the look of like "didn't you hear me talking to you?"

@ShowMe

Yep, she is especially talkative and fussin at me to get to bed when it's past our usual bedtime and I'm still up watching a movie or something......Cat LOL   Your right the talking just adds to their personality and interaction which makes the relationship special....Cat Very Happy

Well your Mr. Lucky sounds like a special kitty and he wants to make sure he's heard....don't you wish we could understand what they are saying....but then again--- maybe not...Cat LOLCat Wink  So what kind of cat is your Mr. Lucky?  Give him a hug for me....

What I would like to know is when he is looking at me for a long time.....that is when I would like to know what he is thinking.

If you go to the very beginning of the "ShowMe's Mr. Lucky" thread here on Community, you will see a picture of him when he was a baby.  Needless to say, he just doesn't look like that now.  Everyone thought he was mostly Siamese......but no, he looks much different today.  Is mostly very dark and has very definite markings.  I don't have a picture to post of him how he looks today.  But, he is a real beauty, and a big boy.  Will be 4 next month.  He owns me, I don't own him......lol. 

Well, I am very tired tonight, so I am going to sign off.  Thanks for chatting.  Sweet dreams......

@ShowMe

Oh he's so handsome ......  and at 4 there is still a lot of mischief to be had......  I totally understand your comment "he owns me, i don't own him".......  I think my cats view me as their personal Administrative Assistant, making sure their every whim is met....Cat Very HappyCat Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I got hotdogs once, OK

Respected Contributor

I remember the crabcakes debacle. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

I agree with most of this thread but not the millennial characterization.

I am so tired of it. 

The millennial's I know cook whole foods and are active even thought they work and have children. They do not exist primarily on prepared foods.

According to the Food Institutes analysis of the USDAs expenditure data millennials spend 44% of their food dollars on eating out, more than ever before and the highest of any group.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@De Anna wrote:

Totally agree with you. I saw a cake today. 3-19-17 ITKWD by Juniors, over $50. REALLY! Don't get me wrong, it looked fabulous. I really have to do the math when it comes to the food. 

Ha! I bet we were looking at the same cake.

They had a cake on a couple of years ago that was an orange creamsicle cake. I love that flavor and I thought that sounded so good. I can't remember the exact price but it was around $50. It cost that much around here to get a good cake at a bakery so that didn't bother me so much but I knew it would probably be dry so I didn't order. I should have just tried it because they if I didn't like it, they would have credited me my money back. BTW, how are you doing @croemer, good to see you!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

If people need them, they will buy them.  If they don't cook they might well buy expensive items all made up--and if they work and something comes up unexpectedly, they might order the food.

I've found the food prroducts uneven--sometimes a first order is fine but the next is not fine--so I don't rely on the Q for food, because I order it when people are coming and I don't have time to scratch-cook.  But one or two bad episodes with products (the crab cakes and the chicken breasts--I think neither  vendor is still with QVC--made me rethink this.  I live in FL and people call me about "dropping in" when I am super busy with just a week's notice.  I now take them out to dinner and everyone's happy except me, as I really prefer to entertain at home and don't like the bland restaurants in my area.  

They are better than crab cakes that don't taste fresh, though!  (It's not the current vendor--this was years ago.  Was one of the reps called Margie?  That line really went south after being pretty good for years.)