Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde - Quilts don't need to be "poufy" or thick to be warm. It depends on what batting was used. If you know what that is, you can make a better decision. If it's bamboo batting, it might be slightly higher.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Thanks, @Citrine1 😀

Here I was all excited to get it, and it won't ship until mid September and won't arrive til the beginning of October! And the shipping costing and arm and a leg at that. Fingers crossed it's as stunning as the photo.

That's even better @Moonchilde.  It gives you something to look forward to!  Another week or so, you'll forget all about it and then in late September/early October it will show up and surprise you!  Woman Very Happy  And the colors are perfect for the fall weather (although, like you, I love the jewel tones and have these colors all over my house all year).  

Gosh, I'm excited for you!  Hahahaha.  Hope you post and tell us about it when it comes.

Yeah, shipping cost stinks.  Ugh Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Geeze, I'm heading over to the Country Door website right now.  You've got me thinking about quilts!  I have a weakness for quilts/bedding/throws/throw pillows/and dinnerware.  Off I go!

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde@forest4thetrees...I also came upon a sight called Collections, Etc. that have a lot of inexpensive bedspreads. I have learned the hard way not to spend a lot on bedding with these felines hanging out on Mama's bed all the time. Cat Tongue

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Moonchilde@forest4thetrees...I also came upon a sight called Collections, Etc. that have a lot of inexpensive bedspreads. I have learned the hard way not to spend a lot on bedding with these felines hanging out on Mama's bed all the time. Cat Tongue

Kitteh barf cleanup is no fun ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Was just telling my niece I'd ordered the quilt. She told me that she's ordered more than one from them, that the one on her bed now is from Country Door, and she's never been disappointed in the quality of any of them - so that's encouraging!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quilt or Comforter?

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer did you see this in the Collections catalog?

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@catwhisperer did you see this in the Collections catalog?

image.jpeg

@Moonchilde...no I didn't. How cute is that??? My kitty kids would love it I'm sure.Cat Very Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quilt; 100% cotton.

Use it by itself and also as a layer.

I find them comforting in a way.

I'm a big fan of multi-use items in just about every area.

Really helps your budget. 8)

Breathable natural fibers for all other bedding, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@lolakimono, it's not just any quilt, only one particular quilt I want - and it's the same price in every catalog that sells it, no discounts :-(

@Moonchilde:

Did you search for it on Amazon and Ebay?

I often see great deals on new bedding and other linens there. 

Plus, you could possibly go up one size if it's available and at a decent price.