Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  Based on what I'm reading from your posts, I would say go for it. : )

Trusted Contributor

I love a good old bedspread.  I prefer chenille, but I have several matelasse and they are the perfect weight for summer and winter. They're easy to wash and dry. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Quilt or Comforter?

[ Edited ]

If you love the way it looks, you should get it.  It will bring you such joy!  I painted my home office pale blue with a particular floral rug in my mind's eye that I wanted to find to go with it.  About five years later, I found a rug just like it at QVC.  It was a wool needlepoint with gigantic flowers in all different colors over a gray-blue background.  The best thing was that two days after I received it they cut the price in half, so I got a big rebate under the 30-day price guarantee.  That rug has brought me more joy than anything else I could have bought.  You can always return it if you don't like it.  It's worth the risk and the price of possibly returning it!

Esteemed Contributor

Used to dislike the look of quilts but now I only want 100 cotton anything on my bed.  The look of quilts are so exciting nowadays and almost no comforters have 100 cotton backing anymore.  My bed is king size and I love my bedding washed  not dry cleaned.

GET the quilt

Honored Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

I love a good old bedspread.  I prefer chenille, but I have several matelasse and they are the perfect weight for summer and winter. They're easy to wash and dry. 

@luv-the-Q  Growing up, bedspreads were all we ever used.  When I was shopping for my bedroom makeover, I was actually thinking about a bedspread but had a dickens of a time finding them.  While I like the look of chenille, I didn't want the shedding.  I gave some serious thought to an old-fashioned hobnail bedspread, but passed because they're on the heavy side and I wouldn't look forward to washing it.  So I started looking on various sites for bedspreads and I kept ending up on quilt/comforters/bed-in-a-bag sets.  I ended up buying a quilt and shams and am very happy with them but that doesn't mean that someday I'll find a bedspread.  Maybe when I do the next bedroom makeover after the last one leaves the nest.  Woman Wink  

Valued Contributor

Neither for me.  I like a regular bedspread.  I have always slept with 100% acrylic blankets.  They are hard to find now.  But I have made some awesome finds on ebay over the last year.   All brand new never used, mind you, but a couple of them were literally 40 years old in original packaging.  Now I have more than I could ever use for the rest of my life.   That won't stop me from purchasing a special color if it shows up, ha ha.

Honored Contributor

Quilts for summer, you can't beat them.You could add a nice blanket for winter.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies, for all your comments & suggestions. I went ahead and bit the bullet - and when I ordered it, found that it doesn't ship until 9/13(!)  They must have had to do a re-order. For those who think QVC's s&h is bad, the s&h on the two pieces is $18!! But there was a $10 discount and no tax in my state, so...sigh. I could have saved a whole $5 if I'd ordered it from an affiliate catalog but I didn't bother.

image.jpeg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde I love the look of a beautiful quilt and have been looking for one for a spare bedroom. Would you mind sharing the one you are interested in? 

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde....Beautiful!!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.