Frequent Contributor

@Spurt 

I didnt copy anything from online and paste into the post but I did reply with a quote.. Maybe there was something there before that got picked up? I have no idea but I followed @x Hedge advice about hitting preview and then hit post and it went on through fine.. Very strange! 

If I add a link into a post I make sure to use the link button above in the reply box to do that. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the info! (2 thumbs up)

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers

Technical support is currently looking into your situation - pls standby

giphy.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about posting

[ Edited ]

@AngelWhispers

I bet it was something then in the original post that you were quoting that had an article/link/photo in their reply that was copied and thats what caused the HTML message to come up....

I love the photo of the Kitty  Tech...LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@Yahooey

LOVE it!! Just love that! Definitely made me LOL!!

Image result for LOL

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers

something to brighten your day

I'm sure the birdie is fine - 

cat-bird.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@AngelWhispers.  When your post is removed, there is usually an explanation. Like, inappropriate, Argumentative, etc. If it's a word not allowed, the system usually puts **** in part of the word.

I don't think there is a list of words. If a post is removed, you shouldn't repost as that is against standards.

@proudlyfromNJ  If I have doubt about a word being acceptable, I use my own * in place of one or more letters. It usually goes through.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelWhispers@Spurt, @suzyQ3, @dooBdoo

I get the HTML message constantly!

And because of that I've actually figured out how to make the necessary changes to get rid it on the HTML view.

But WHY these pop up is because I'll edit my own post as I'm writing, maybe picking up a sentence and moving it to a different paragraph, for instance.

Or breaking up a block of print into paragraphs, dropping a phrase to the next line, or something like that.

In my case it's because of copy & pasting to rearrange my own words.

It'll look like you changed your font and print size, when you didn't.

It changes by itself. I just moved one sentence @AngelWhispers, and put it into the middle of this post, and it 'lost' my settings. 

Sometimes the website just 'goes stupid' and converts to HTML instead of continuing on writing in Rich Text.

ALSO, sometimes when I hit Preview, the entire post appears in HTML code!! And if I hit Post, it'll post in the code!!  It's been done it, I've seen it.

But I've figured out how to change it back to Rich Text without scrapping it and re-writing the whole thing if I catch it in Preview.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@AngelWhispers@Spurt, @suzyQ3, @dooBdoo

I get the HTML message constantly!

And because of that I've actually figured out how to make the necessary changes to get rid it on the HTML view.

But WHY these pop up is because I'll edit my own post as I'm writing, maybe picking up a sentence and moving it to a different paragraph, for instance.

Or breaking up a block of print into paragraphs, dropping a phrase to the next line, or something like that.

In my case it's because of copy & pasting to rearrange my own words.

It'll look like you changed your font and print size, when you didn't.

It changes by itself. I just moved one sentence @AngelWhispers, and put it into the middle of this post, and it 'lost' my settings. 

Sometimes the website just 'goes stupid' and converts to HTML instead of continuing on writing in Rich Text.

ALSO, sometimes when I hit Preview, the entire post appears in HTML code!! And if I hit Post, it'll post in the code!!  It's been done it, I've seen it.

But I've figured out how to change it back to Rich Text without scrapping it and re-writing the whole thing if I catch it in Preview.

@x Hedge, I'm very compulsive about editing my post before I submit (although I still end up with goofs), but I've never seen the HTLM pop up for that -- only for something I've copied from elsewhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone!   The HTML notice is simply checking our post for any code (usually embedded and invisible to the eye so we don't know it's there) that has even a hint of a chance of causing a problem here (like malware).    The previous software for the Community didn't do this at all, and while this auto-check isn't perfect it's a good thing to see.    We'll see it vary from one person's experience to another because in some cases it will happen because of the device, operating system, browser, or even browser addons/extensions we're using.    The cause won't always be clear or evident.   As others have said, just hit the "POST" a second time and you'll see the comment will post just fine.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

@dooBdoo@x Hedge

Yes, Yes and Yes! I have to agree with what you both said..It seems very wonky at times and seems to have a mind of it's own! 

It has happened to me again today and I just followed Hedge's advice about hitting preview and then submit and it will usually clear it right up and go on through.