Esteemed Contributor

Question, what does Best Answer mean?

I am not sure if I have seen this on the Community Board but I noticed it on the Beauty board. It has BEST ANSWER right under the REPLY button and then it will sometimes say SOLVED BEST ANSWER right under someones reply. I am guessing people can hit that button if they like the answer but I am not entirely sure. Anyone know for sure? TIA!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Re: Question, what does Best Answer mean?

I believe it's on Beauty and Fashion, and the OP decides the "best answer"..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I never use it, as it seems like once you do, it essentially ends the thread to further responses, since you've already chosen one post as the 'best' answer.

Personally, once a post is marked with 'best' answer, I don't bother to respond to it, since the OP seems to have the answer they wanted/needed.

I would prefer to still receive responses, since another 'better' answer could come along.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I never use it, as it seems like once you do, it essentially ends the thread to further responses, since you've already chosen one post as the 'best' answer.

Personally, once a post is marked with 'best' answer, I don't bother to respond to it, since the OP seems to have the answer they wanted/needed.

I would prefer to still receive responses, since another 'better' answer could come along.

@KingstonsMom Well stated and my opinion exactly. Smiley Happy  And if I could hit the Best Answer button, I would do it on your response. LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

One of the problems with "Best Answer" is that it's right below "Reply."  I'm always so afraid that I'll hit Best Answer instead of Reply.  I don't like that feature at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Ok, thank you so much ladies. I think I may have hit best answer on a thread I started but I in no way meant I didn't want more answers and I think I tried to hit for more than one. I wasn't sure what it meant exactly. Thank you so much, now I feel really stupid as I didn't want to offend any one who took the time to respond as I enjoyed all the responses. Thanks again!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK