Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question just for fun😋

Heat ... of any kind ... gas, electric (would not want to go back to a wood/coal stove, LOL).  Electricity ... that's a given!   Radio ...  I love my old radio programs!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I can't live without my microwave and my Breville Smart Oven. When my microwave went, I bought one the next day!

Our microwave quit working at 5 pm one day last week.  We were at Costco an hour later buying a replacement.  Like hckynut, I need my microwave popcorn.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I will name 3. LOL!!! Air/Heat, Indoor Plumbing & Electricity. I'm not using an out house no way no how.

@Nightowlz I was 16 when my parents decided to move from the nj suburbs to an old farmhouse in Podunk, PA. I went into a very predictable teenage girl meltdown!  

Anyway, that old place had a working outhouse.  My sibs and I thought that was SO funny, dissolving into fits of hysterical laughter at first.  Come to find out that facility was a godsend to a family of 8 who had moved from a fairly new home with 2 1/2 baths to an old place with only 1 inside bathroom.  As long as it wasn’t cold outside every one of us kids used that outhouse at one time or another rather than be uncomfortable waiting for the bathroom to be free. 😆

Years later my parents decided to get rid of the outhouse to build a garage. We all protested even though none of us “kids” lived there anymore. Existing outhouses are grandfathered in but construction of new ones is now prohibited in that township.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I consider it an emergency if my coffee pot goes out!

So that 

and my toaster and microwave (I can't countWoman LOL)

Isn't it funny how we may have never had something so never missed it but once we have it, it would be sad to do without it.

I never had a microwave or dishwasher for a long time or garbage disposal and never wanted them but now that I do, I sure do like having them and would miss them!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I hearted everyone because I can't pick just TWO.

so, what they said

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I will name 3. LOL!!! Air/Heat, Indoor Plumbing & Electricity. I'm not using an out house no way no how.

@Nightowlz I was 16 when my parents decided to move from the nj suburbs to an old farmhouse in Podunk, PA. I went into a very predictable teenage girl meltdown!  

Anyway, that old place had a working outhouse.  My sibs and I thought that was SO funny, dissolving into fits of hysterical laughter at first.  Come to find out that facility was a godsend to a family of 8 who had moved from a fairly new home with 2 1/2 baths to an old place with only 1 inside bathroom.  As long as it wasn’t cold outside every one of us kids used that outhouse at one time or another rather than be uncomfortable waiting for the bathroom to be free. 😆

Years later my parents decided to get rid of the outhouse to build a garage. We all protested even though none of us “kids” lived there anymore. Existing outhouses are grandfathered in but construction of new ones is now prohibited in that township.

@Kalli 

Well there was 9 of us living in a house with 1 bathroom for years. We just had to wait our turn.

In the morning when we got ready for school I was last one up. Why get up to fight over the bathroom. LOL!!!

We all had to take showers in the evening. Still do now since that's what I did as a kid.

I would never buy a house without at least 2 toilets.

I'm glad I grew up with indoor plumbing.

Honored Contributor

I didn't have it till I was around 16 you went out to the outhouse and used newspaper. I didn't use the 'funnies' though colored ink U know.

I'd miss pressure cooker

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz  yup! I hear ya on that business of having to wait your turn. The worst was when someone was taking a shower!  😂😂😂

With regard to the original question, I guess I’d have to say I’d miss electricity and heat.  Once in a while we lose electricity.  It’s fun for the first hour or so, but after that it wears thin in a hurry. 

Honored Contributor

Air conditioning and Soap. My list would really be...very...very...long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Air conditioning- can’t surivive summers in inland southern CA without it

Car - can’t work in southern CA without it