Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for those that sew

Yeah I can glue the appliqué on. It also won’t matter if the sequined melts underneath the appliqué because you won’t see it.

i was also think you could cut little holes around the bag and weave the ribbon through the holes instead of a seam. Either way it will look nice.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

Yeah I can glue the appliqué on. It also won’t matter if the sequined melts underneath the appliqué because you won’t see it.

i was also think you could cut little holes around the bag and weave the ribbon through the holes instead of a seam. Either way it will look nice.

@ccassaday 

I think your original idea of the drawstring would look much better. Cutting holes in sequined fabric will cause a lot of raveling. What a sweet aunt you are!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

One other question. I do have to have two little holes in the front to put the ribbon in seam? Do I make the seam in the front piece and the back piece or just the back piece?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh never mind. You make the seam on he front and back then the ribbon comes out the sides. 

Honored Contributor

I stitch the 2 rows, leaving my opening on the front of the bag.   I use a small safety pin to pull my ribbon through the seam, and once thru, cut to desired size for the bow I want.  

Honored Contributor

There are lots of videos on youtube that will show you.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I stitch the 2 rows, leaving my opening on the front of the bag.   I use a small safety pin to pull my ribbon through the seam, and once thru, cut to desired size for the bow I want.  

That works too. I am going to use some fabric I have here to play before getting what I want. Will maybe try it tomorrow. My mom will have to stitch it on the machine but I can pin the seams so she knows where to make it.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday ...For some reason I cannot visualize the instructions you were given, but am sure they will work.  My first thought was a small buton hole to run the ribbon thru...like PJ that have a drawstring.  The fold down instructions are probably easier.  Have Fun...I love doing craty projects!

Respected Contributor

A bodkin, which your mother might have in her sewing box, will make the job of threading the ribbon through the channel easy as pie.

Esteemed Contributor

Be very aware of how wide apart the threading seams need to be.  Boy you learn some new words if you go too close.

It you want multi use durability, before you do any fold downs, put button holes on the side seams.