Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Why do you want to stop doing background checks yourself?   It may be the best way to handle this part of being a rental property owner.  Do you have a large number of properties and it's just become burdensome?

You can always hire a property management company to handle everything.  If you still want the job, perhaps a local management company can do the tenant background research for a fee, of course!  

@Flika13, said it was done by an outside agency, but would now be done by her.

Super Contributor

I found a company to do the credit and background checks. We have always managed our properties and after 35 years we are thinking of selling our properties.  

Honored Contributor

Happiest day of my life was the day the deeds were filed to transfer our rentals to the new owner. 

Trusted Contributor

property management companies are one of the reasonsthat rents are so high these days.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question for landlords

[ Edited ]

Since the social security numbers of your potential tenants will need to be provided to you for background checks and/or credit checks,  it makes sense that the company would need your social security number as well for the protection of those who will be providing their number to you. 

As for the ESA issue,  I totally agree.  They all provide emotional support.  What is forgotten are those who have allergies, fear of animals, and just plain don't want to live next to someone who does have animals.  Where are the rights of these tenants to be protected from exposure?