Honored Contributor

Question for Brittany Regarding Pope Thread

Why not just move the thread to Among Friends? Religious discussion seems to be allowed over there. 

I realize that some are trying to outdo each other with quips, quotes, and quarreling but overall most were supportive of the topic.

I'm not here very much anymore but it was a bit disheartening to sign in to particpate only to have the thread locked - "sanitizing" the thread will leave it difficult to follow and respond.

Just asking.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Brittany Regarding Pope Thread

Extensive quoting of the Bible, especially using it to berate others, rarely goes well.

I don't blame the mods at all - I blame the posters who insist on using their religious beliefs to insult and demean others.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

Extensive quoting of the Bible, especially using it to berate others, rarely goes well.

I don't blame the mods at all - I blame the posters who insist on using their religious beliefs to insult and demean others.

I'm not "blaming" the mod.  I asked a question.

If we are going to start blaming other posters for using beliefs to insult and demean others, we should also be looking at the posters who referred to others as "witches" - and btw the quote was  incorrect.

I asked a question of the mod involved for my own clarification; I'm not here to fight about it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I would rather a person never open a Bible in their life and treat others well,

than quote scripture after scripture and treat others poorly.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I'm not "blaming" the mod.  I asked a question.

If we are going to start blaming other posters for using beliefs to insult and demean others, we should also be looking at the posters who referred to others as "witches" - and btw the quote was  incorrect.

I asked a question of the mod involved for my own clarification; I'm not here to fight about it.

Who's fighting?

I just stated the obvious - the topic itself doesn't necessarily cause the demise of a thread - the tone and lack of respect, combined with berating, insulting and rehashing old grudges, that usually is what is responsible.

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

Have you been listening to Francis this week????Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

Have you been listening to Francis this week????Woman Happy

Hi terrier, so good to see you.

Yes, I have been listening and enjoying every second. Heart

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Posters,

Eeek! I may just lock this thread and run for cover! Just kidding! Ha ha! Smiley Very Happy

@Cakers3 I understand your concerns. If I am able to, I will try and take a peak at the thread later on today and see what can be done with it. It's a very arduous process to go through post by post and groom a thread without losing the threads train of thought, but I will see what I can do. Then, I will most likely move it to Among Friends as you suggested.Smiley Happy

Now I am actually going to lock this thread just to be safe! Ha ha! 

Brittany