Honored Contributor

Re: Question about bleach and marijuana

@PINKdogWOOD  I have no reason to do that.

Honored Contributor

Where I live now they take meth very seriously.  Dump sites on the edge of he road or in the woods merit a visit by a hazardous waste team for cleanup.   We  slept in the house one night.  I actually like the smell of bleach.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Where I live now they take meth very seriously.  Dump sites on the edge of he road or in the woods merit a visit by a hazardous waste team for cleanup.   We  slept in the house one night.  I actually like the smell of bleach.  

I wish it was taken more seriously here.

Honored Contributor

@depglass .......bleach is used in making meth.  He probably had a meth lab too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie - That's what I was thinking too. But I thought if there was a meth lab, the house had to be professionally "sanitized" before it could be lived in. 

I'm not sure but I thought I saw something on tv where the chemicals can permeate the walls, etc. So scary!

Honored Contributor

Some people do clean with bleach, though that's an awful lot to be using.

Honored Contributor

Ooof.

Yeah, I echo everyone upthread.

I would contact the local police.

Honored Contributor

If meth was being made in that house then it will need a hazmat cleanup to make it safe to live there. Owner is responsible for paying for it and it's not cheap.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@depglass 

What a mess! I’m sorry.

was curious so I looked it up! 

Google search:

“Death can result from the ingestion of less than half of a cup of the chemical. Other common chemicals used to produce meth include bleach, household drain cleaner, benzene, methylene chloride, trichloroethane, battery acid, lye, ammonia and muriatic acid. More chemicals can be formed during the “cooking” process.”

Also mentioned were sheets stained red used for straining mixtures; coffee filters; paint thinner smells; pseudoephedrine boxes.

Be careful in there...the chemicals are acrid, but from what I read, it seems like you would smell it.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie - That's what I was thinking too. But I thought if there was a meth lab, the house had to be professionally "sanitized" before it could be lived in. 

I'm not sure but I thought I saw something on tv where the chemicals can permeate the walls, etc. So scary!

Where I live a meth house has to be professionally sanitized as another poster stated...yes the chemicals can penetrate walls....the house should be cleaned professionally.