Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Moderation posts

Thanks for helping me solve the mystery.  Looks like this time it was about posting a "live link" (as opposed to a 'dead' one?)

I can't follow all the ins and outs here sometimes.  If things were more consistent maybe I could.

Anyway, thanks guys!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This happened on a thread Fridayin the fashion forum and I wondered why it showed the last comment was from Beth when in reality it was from another poster. Then I realized Beth had removed posts and stated why, so it was showing she made the last comment.  Her removal was after subsequent comments.  

Respected Contributor

I always figured, as others have said, that they were the last one to have accessed the thread and deleted something farther up.  Some people say up some say down, I don't get that either lol

Something else I have noticed:  Sometimes there will be a regular looking post with the poster's name on the left and the post still standing, but at the top inside the reply box there will be a mod's name.  Did the mod edit the post?  Or maybe removed it accidentally and put it back in?

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I always figured, as others have said, that they were the last one to have accessed the thread and deleted something farther up.  Some people say up some say down, I don't get that either lol

Something else I have noticed:  Sometimes there will be a regular looking post with the poster's name on the left and the post still standing, but at the top inside the reply box there will be a mod's name.  Did the mod edit the post?  Or maybe removed it accidentally and put it back in?

@VanSleepy I think that is user preference...IIRC you can set your view so that replies in posts go from newest to oldest (with newest at the top) or oldest to newest (with oldest at the top).

And when the mod's name shows up in the title area like that, I assume they did edit something in the post.  I never thought about accidentally removing and replacing, but I suppose that could happen too?