Honored Contributor

Question about Moderation posts

Could anyone tell me what it means when you see that the last post on a thread looks to be from a moderator but when you go into the actual thread there is no moderator post there?  I have seen this several times and have wondered why.  Is it some kind of silent warning or something?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Moderation posts

I always figured it just meant they was in there somewhere, not necessarily the last post that would shut down the thread.  I usually try to post in there just to get rid of them being the last one, so, the conversation can continue.

If it's something i"m interested in reading in the first place. People see them as the last post and won't bother to open it any more.

Respected Contributor

I think when they remove a post, their post shows up as the last post even if there are other posts that follow.  It might have something to do with the time.

Clear as mud?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I think when they remove a post, their post shows up as the last post even if there are other posts that follow.  It might have something to do with the time.

Clear as mud?  LOL

Yeah, a little murky.  hahaha

Honored Contributor

Isn't there usually some kind of explanation like "this post was removed for being inappropriate" or some other reason?

Maybe it's just one of those mysteries of life.  lol

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Clear as mud?  LOL

I need another cup of coffee before I'm coherent.  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Isn't there usually some kind of explanation like "this post was removed for being inappropriate" or some other reason?

Maybe it's just one of those mysteries of life.  lol

Yes, and from what I have seen, there will be one of those somewhere within the thread.  What you're seeing means that their edit/activity was the most recent in the thread...but it will show up within the thread wherever that reply already happened to be.  Somehow the "last reply" feature from the main board view captures their activity as the most recent, but that doesn't reorder the replies within the thread.  I think that's what Bri meant too.

ETA: But I have seen posts removed without the explanation from time to time, though that's rare.  I assume that's some sort of glitchiness (because I've also seen "explanations" where the reason itself is blank...like, "This post was removed because ." )

Esteemed Contributor

From what I can tell, it means the moderator was the last one to be active in that thread.  Often you can scroll down to see that a moderator deleted a post--not necessarily the last post in the thread.  Sometimes they delete posts without providing a reason; in that case there's no visual evidence in the thread to show they were there.  I really don't understand why they give a reason sometimes and other times no reason for deletion are given.  It would be nice to have some consistency.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

From what I can tell, it means the moderator was the last one to be active in that thread.  Often you can scroll down to see that a moderator deleted a post--not necessarily the last post in the thread.  Sometimes they delete posts without providing a reason; in that case there's no visual evidence in the thread to show they were there.  I really don't understand why they give a reason sometimes and other times no reason for deletion are given.  It would be nice to have some consistency.

I think they always mean to, but sometimes they might be acting quickly and accidentally "flub" it, or there might be some sort of programming hiccup.  I think often they are as limited by the site's quirks as we are, if not moreso Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Clear as mud?  LOL

I need another cup of coffee before I'm coherent.  LOL

I just watered stuff outside, it's aready hot and nasty and I am going to have to mow.

COFFEE!!!