Esteemed Contributor

Question about CD pricing...not at the Q.....

They have been advertising Barbra Steisands new Encore...album/cd...duets...

Its being offered for pre-order on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble...Amazon says audio cd...$11....and some change..B&N..is offering a cd for $36....and some change...

Is there a difference between audio cd and cd....and why do you think there would be a $25.00 difference in price...I have gift cards from B&N...but i sure don't want to pay that much more ...I know B&N...is sometimes more then Amazon...but never knew them to have such a big price gap....

Thanks for any replies you may have...

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about CD pricing...not at the Q.....

you can find it on barnes and noble right now for $11.38. make sure to click on the "all formats and editions" button.

looks like there are 4 choices....i dont know why one of the cd editions is $36.09.....i dont see any special description on the item page.

there are vinyls available also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The $36.09 CD is an import from Japan.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

you can find it on barnes and noble right now for $11.38. make sure to click on the "all formats and editions" button.

looks like there are 4 choices....i dont know why one of the cd editions is $36.09.....i dont see any special description on the item page.

there are vinyls available also.

I didn't realize there was more then one place to look...I just put the name in the search engine and went to the first one that showed up...thank you very much....

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

The $36.09 CD is an import from Japan.

Thank you for this info....my copy doesn't need to be an "import"...

I'm good with one that shows up from a local dealer...lol.....

Esteemed Contributor

@circles wrote:

They have been advertising Barbra Steisands new Encore...album/cd...duets...

Its being offered for pre-order on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble...Amazon says audio cd...$11....and some change..B&N..is offering a cd for $36....and some change...

Is there a difference between audio cd and cd....and why do you think there would be a $25.00 difference in price...I have gift cards from B&N...but i sure don't want to pay that much more ...I know B&N...is sometimes more then Amazon...but never knew them to have such a big price gap....

Thanks for any replies you may have...

@circles Usually when the Q offers a CD, there is a bonus included, like a DVD. When Barry Manilow appeared on the Q and offered his newest CD, it included a DVD which made the price much higher than Amazon.

I didn't want or need the DVD, so I went with the Amazon CD. There was also a big difference in price, like Barbra's.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett