Respected Contributor

Question, Lifting A Credit Freeze...

Does anyone know if I lift a credit freeze temporarily for a new credit card, do I need to lift it for all three (Equifax, Experian and Trans Union), or just for one?

TIA 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question, Lifting A Credit Freeze...

You might want to ask the credit card company. We just had to lift our credit freeze and one company said they only used one of those listed.  However, we applied at a second place and lifted all three.

It was an easier process than I thought it might be, all done through a precorded phone call, following the prompts.  It will ask you how long you want to lift the freeze so be prepared to key in those dates, beginning and ending dates of the lift.    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question, Lifting A Credit Freeze...

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Does anyone know if I lift a credit freeze temporarily for a new credit card, do I need to lift it for all three (Equifax, Experian and Trans Union), or just for one?

TIA 

We had to do this when we switched from Cox Communications to AT&T. Only had to lift the freeze on one of the three services.  We did a 24 hr lift, as instructed by the AT&T sales rep. The whole process was quick and painless. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett