Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question About Walmart Grocery Pickup

Have never used the WM pick up, but do use the home delivery service.  Am very happy with it!!  And after delivery, your order receipt is emailed and you have the option to add a tip!!  The tip goes to the delivery person, not the order shopper.

Respected Contributor

I had my first Walmart pickup Friday and it was a breeze. The experience was great and I will certainly do it again. I've been doing delivery but got fed up with not getting much of what I ordered. Walmart only was out of two items and I only had 3 substitutions. 

Respected Contributor

i am just back from a walmart pickup.

perfect as always.

so thankful for this service, which i have used consistantly for well over a year.

the store must have been packed from the looks of the full parking lot, i have no desire to be in any store.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Xivambala  @Lindsays Grandma 

I had the same problem recently after they updated their app. I finally checked my settings and discovered that when the app updated, data permission for the app turned off. With it off, they can’t track and don’t know when we have arrived. I turned it on and it is working correctly again. 

I have since re-installed the app. Both notifications and permissions are ON in my settings on my Samsung Galaxy phone. Unfortunately, the app 'Check In' still does not work. I spoke to a Walmart employee about it, but nothing came of it. Frankly, I am tired of dealing with it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I had the same problem recently after they updated their app. I finally checked my settings and discovered that when the app updated, data permission for the app turned off. With it off, they can’t track and don’t know when we have arrived. I turned it on and it is working correctly again. 

I have since re-installed the app. Both notifications and permissions are ON in my settings on my Samsung Galaxy phone. Unfortunately, the app 'Check In' still does not work. I spoke to a Walmart employee about it, but nothing came of it. Frankly, I am tired of dealing with it.

@Xivambala  Is the option to use data turned on in your phone settings for the WalMart app (it is in the phone settings, not in the app). If it is then there is a problem on their end. When they updated the app the data option in the app got turned off so the app was not able to track me. Once I turned it on again it was fine. But, when it wasn’t working I just called the number posted at the pickup parking and let them know that way.

Valued Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Xivambala  Is the option to use data turned on in your phone settings for the WalMart app (it is in the phone settings, not in the app). If it is then there is a problem on their end. When they updated the app the data option in the app got turned off so the app was not able to track me. Once I turned it on again it was fine. But, when it wasn’t working I just called the number posted at the pickup parking and let them know that way.

@willdob3 

I'm not sure what you mean by data in phone settings. I have been driving to the site and calling. I don't always go to the same store. One picks up the number at the parking spot, the other doesn't.