Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Digital Phone Service

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Marp

Xfinity a/k/a Comcast

FWIW, I live in Comcast country.  We are offered/given products that have not been offered national yet.  We are the guinea pigs.

Guess what?  We no longer have cable "boxes."

THAT would be sweet! we pay so much for our boxes.....that is one of the main reasons why our bill is so high.

our landline phone lasts about 8 hours when the electricity goes out. of course we have our cell phones AND portable chargers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just thought of this today too with this storm coming.

We have our house phone hooked up to cable now so when the power is out we have no house phone. (we cant get Comcast here, its a local cable company for the net, tv, and cellphone and there is no back up battery or anything).

So anyway, we have cordless house phones (3) BUT we still have an old wall phone in the basement, and when we got cable service for our phone I asked him to hook cable to that wall phone and he said he couldnt that the cable wires were all being used for the tv, net and main phone (which again is cordless)

So I just said to my husband today, I think I am calling to go back to Veriozn JUST for our house phone because in the 50 plus years I had Verizon for our house phone (well earlier it was AT&T and Bell of PA) it NEVER went out, storm or no storm like it does with the cable phone!.

PS) I do have a cellphone but Id rather have a house phone too as long as house phones exist because of course you dont have to charge a wall phone!. So anyway I hope we dont lose power during this storm, or there goes our house phone this weekend.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Now you talk to the remote.  You tell it what channel or station you want, your tv automatically turns to it.  Matter of fact, you can tell it anything pertaining to your tv & it will do it for you.

You DO NOT point the remote to the tv either.

I have a landline & cordless phone w/phone jacks.  Power goes out, I still have use of my phone.  A lot of good it does, since everyone has cell phones.    LOL

At least I can still call 911.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

i sure hope those features come around our area sooner versus later......and i hope they are not going to charge MORE for the service. the boxes are a small fortune when you have a lot of tvs!

we have two older phones (that dont need to be plugged into an electrical outlet) that are connected to the phone jacks and the rest are all cordless phones.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Marp

Xfinity a/k/a Comcast

FWIW, I live in Comcast country.  We are offered/given products that have not been offered national yet.  We are the guinea pigs.

Guess what?  We no longer have cable "boxes."

@Mz iMac, thank you so much for answering.  Unfortunately not only am I not in a guinea pig area I'm not even in a comcast area.  I so want to get rid of the boxes.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.