Honored Contributor

Re: Queen’s Christmas Speech— Some Photos Noticeably Missing

@Tinkrbl44 

It almost looks like a pen case...odd placement tho

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't read much into it. Harry’s pic with Megan and Archie is not the only grandchild photo missing.
Honored Contributor

The Queen adores Harry.  If she is like most grandmas I am sure she loves/tolerates Meghan and simply loves her great hrandson.  She wouldnt just poke him out of the family.  There could have been pictures of harry and family, just not in pic.  For that matter where are her other children, her daughter and the rest of family.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I'm watching the news, the Queen said they had a bumpy year. I'm sorry a "bumpy" year is when you lose your job, home, can't pay your bills, and have trouble providing the basic necessities for your family.

I dont think thats what it means entirely.  It can mean emotional trials, health issues,  when I was in England they would say they had a bumpy week, a bit of a snag, if it was bad at work or they had the flu or cold.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@chrystaltree 

Giggle....'normal family activity'.

Can we just talk about the handbag for a family photo shoot?

Twitter was having fun with that.

The Royals & their activities are just...an odd bunch. 
I really don't think anyone can argue with that. 

I have to say, I too wondered whey she wouldn't set the handbag down for a picture of them supposedly making Christmas pudding. What could possibly be in that handbag that's so important she has to have it with her at all times... 

I've always heard the handbag was a signal for her security

when out & about with the public, etc. 

Switching from one arm to another arm mean something.

Touching it means something else.

Is that true?

@stevieb...I have read the same thing and I believe it, she has a number of movements to alert her people the need for action.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

The pictures change every year. I too think that this year she is showcasing the line of succession starting with her father.

Honored Contributor

When you watch the video,  as the camera moves around the desk,  you see other pictures in the background, the largest being of Phillip.

There's a smaller one next to Philip of a family that I can't make out, but it looks like a familiar photo.

Also at the end of the video of her speech, they show the pudding stirring with the heirs to the throne.

All symbolism.  Brexit and the elections may have made it a bumpy year, but the crown is the stability and here are you future Kings.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

The Queen adores Harry.  If she is like most grandmas I am sure she loves/tolerates Meghan and simply loves her great hrandson.  She wouldnt just poke him out of the family.  There could have been pictures of harry and family, just not in pic.  For that matter where are her other children, her daughter and the rest of family.  

Many here project their dislike of Meghan into the queen. They assume because they don't like her, neither does the queen.

Meghan and Harry live within walking distance of the queen at Windsor. They are completely involved in running their "brand" and working for the crown. They are good ambassadors and work for the good.

But, if for some reason, you despise the Sussexes, nothing they will ever do will satisfy. And you'll see trouble in every corner. Ugh. 😢😡

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Many here project their dislike of Meghan into the queen. They assume because they don't like her, neither does the queen.

Meghan and Harry live within walking distance of the queen at Windsor. They are completely involved in running their "brand" and working for the crown. They are good ambassadors and work for the good.

But, if for some reason, you despise the Sussexes, nothing they will ever do will satisfy. And you'll see trouble in every corner. Ugh. 😢😡

@bathina And on the other hand, you do not have to dispise someone to take issue with some of the things they do.  And because you dislike what someone does does not mean you do not like or even love them.

And also, because some dislike, they will be put in a niche and branded as haters.  

It saddens me that we tend to lump people into camps and assume a lot about them, often erroneously, on one or a few factors or beliefs or even what we perceive on the surface.

We all are a rich stew as in an individual and ALL of us will dislike and like things about one another.  Just give us all a fair chance, get to know us, and allow for our differences will go a long way and you will be often surprised and enriched by the experience.  Don't you agree?  

Respected Contributor

Dislike what they do? I cant think of a single thing they have done that would prompt me to cast judgement. Cheat on their taxes? Cheat on each other? Defrauded the charities of which they are patrons? For the life of me Ill never understand the dislike for the Sussexes and I dont think this particular "stew" is so tasty.