Respected Contributor

Queen Elezabeth was One Happy Bride

elizabeth wedding tiara

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elezabeth was One Happy Bride

She was smitten with Philip the first time she met him as a teenager and waited a long time to finally marry him.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, she was a beautiful happy bride.  I think that they are still a beautiful couple.  I enjoyed the Royal Wedding yesterday too.

Respected Contributor

Have you seen pics of young Prince Phillip? I'd be smiling from ear to ear also!

Valued Contributor

He is still nice looking and looks great for 96, I think that is his age.

Honored Contributor

She surely looked like a grumpy old biddy during yesterday's wedding.  You'd think she would have been happy for Harry since he's supposed to be a favorite.  Maybe she's mad about all the pre-wedding drama, which wasn't Harry or Meghan's fault.  Youd think she could have put on a happy face for their sakes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

Have you seen pics of young Prince Phillip? I'd be smiling from ear to ear also!

Yes I have.  He was a heart throb.  My mom was born in London and my mil was born in Peterborough.  My grandma had some beautiful pictures of them.

Regular Contributor

I loved some of the trivia about Queen Elizabeth's wedding.    In her wedding dress a 4 leaf clover 'for luck'  was embroidered in for her    Her dress was made during some hard times in Britain and she had to use 'clothing ration couples' that all in britain had to use to pay for the dress.   The goverment gave her an extra 200 coupons and people from all  over britain even sent her coupons.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She surely looked like a grumpy old biddy during yesterday's wedding.  You'd think she would have been happy for Harry since he's supposed to be a favorite.  Maybe she's mad about all the pre-wedding drama, which wasn't Harry or Meghan's fault.  Youd think she could have put on a happy face for their sakes.

i think she was doing the best she could....so much new, non-traditional stuff going on!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

So did Victoria Beckham.

Maybe they both needed a cookie.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN