Super Contributor

Quacker Factory Shorts (Petites) Growing

from 28 inches (barely do-able) to 29 inches (out of the question).   Another brand I'll have to abandon.-

Short people ain't got no reason to live.  Randy Newman

Honored Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory Shorts (Petites) Growing

Randy Newman was right - short people are discriminated against.  Nothing you can do about it, but that song turned me off to his music.

Respected Contributor

@excpa wrote:

from 28 inches (barely do-able) to 29 inches (out of the question).   Another brand I'll have to abandon.-

Short people ain't got no reason to live.  Randy Newman

Count me in on the abandonment.  I need a 27 1/2 inch inseam, but the 28 iinch works well enough for me. Going to 29 inches means I have to pay to have the pants shortened, bringing the total price to "too high".  Better for me to hit Belk's and get something that doesn't require alterations.  Sorry QF and Angel, and sorry QVC,  but you've lost me on this one.  29 is where regular should be.   Not a good length for Petites. At least not this Petite.

Honored Contributor

You could always learn to do the simple job of hemming.  I bet I've hemmed 500 pairs of pants in my lifetime.  Easy to sit and do while watching TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I know how to hem. I also can pay someone to hem.  Why should I bother.  Not much of a bargain if I have to create an added expense.  If the average or tall gal does not have to make any changes why should I?

Esteemed Contributor

If I have to do the sewing why buy? At other places I have tried ps. which is 26. 12 is loose at the rear and 10 is tight at the waist on most pants for this 5 footer. And a lot of in expensive pants at some places don't have petite.

Respected Contributor

I agree 29 is too long for short length. However I would think it would be worse for tall people as there is no way to make them longer when you are short you have the option to shorten them. People just expect everything to be done for them. I have shortened a lot of pants & it is easy & does not take long. The only time it is a problem is when there is a design at the bottom & making them shorter ruins the design.

Valued Contributor

QF has never catered to petites, even when Jean Bice was alive. I get so annoyed when QF is presented and they tell how well a pant / jean fits on a petite model. It’s simply not true for most petites including myself. I refuse to buy clothing that I’m gonna have to have hemmed. There’s plenty of other designers who do cater to petites, so that’s where my business goes!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

I know how to hem. I also can pay someone to hem.  Why should I bother.  Not much of a bargain if I have to create an added expense.  If the average or tall gal does not have to make any changes why should I?

@bonnielu

ITA, And isnt this defeating the whole purpose of a short size or petites. Im not going through all that hassle/time to sew and/or expense to shorten--- especially at Q's clothing price that is already high,.......Ill just shop at a retailer that sells proper sized petites!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I refuse to buy any pants that are not PETITE.  I purchased one pair of the SHORT knit jeans.....and when I sat down, there was way too much fabric that came up from the crotch area.....  I too am 5', and I need petite.....  The same thing goes for when I purchase PJs.....don't like walking on the bottom of the legs.....

Apparently QF doesn't care enough to change the SHORT to PETITE.