Valued Contributor

QVC does not require feedback

I have noticed for the second time recently that there was no feedback for an item. I was just told by a CHAT person that QVC policy does not feedback. So that leaves me to wonder why would they offer feedback on some items but not others? I will be steering away from anything that does not show feedback because it seems very suspicious to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC does not require feedback

Suspicious?  Me too

But if feedback is all negative - that doesn't help in moving product.  If no Review I just pass on that item. (buying less and less)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whosits

By "feedback" do you mean product reviews?

-----

ETA:  I never read them.

Honored Contributor

I assume feedback means customer reviews.  No retailer requires a customer review.  The vast, vast majority of customers do not post reviews.  I don't post them,  I don't read them and I totally resent retailers (yes, YOU Amazon) who pester and pester me for reviews.  At best, I'll look to see how many stars something has, to get an general idea of how customers feel about it.  

Honored Contributor

If there's no review, I don't purchase it most times.

The policy that QVC has of opinions instead of reviews turns me off completely.  I will not wade through opinions. 

Honored Contributor

The only items I see without reviews are new items that are too recent to have been reviewed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you mean reviews, I always read them before purchasing except for new items, of course.  

They are voluntarily posted by buyers.  

I always read the negatives first.  I don't buy if too many say the same thing.  Also don't buy if ratings are below 4 if they are legitimate, but read those reviews because some people are just too picky, some didn't buy the product, some bought sizes too small or too large then complained they were too tight or too baggy.  Some give their weight and height, then say they wear a size that I know is much too small.  Some just say they didn't like it and gave no reasons. 

Some aren't objective.  For example.  They may trash an item because they just don't like it.  I purchased a few things I didn't like the way they looked on me and said in my review, but didn't deduct stars because it was a personal preference.  Overall, they were good quality and others liked them.  I don't want to discourage other shoppers from buying something just because it doesn't look good on me.

But, I found a lot of the reviews are very good and worth reading.  

Respected Contributor

QVC does not require feedback, and I do not think that there is any other retailer that does or can.  How can any company enforce requiring feedback after you have already purchased something and it is in your possession.   Impossible and probably illegal.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

I have noticed for the second time recently that there was no feedback for an item. I was just told by a CHAT person that QVC policy does not feedback. So that leaves me to wonder why would they offer feedback on some items but not others? I will be steering away from anything that does not show feedback because it seems very suspicious to me. 

@Whosits 

I hope your talking about Reviews......Perhaps they finally wised up after many of us posted that we were tired of people posting reviews when they hadnt actually purchased and/or received the item yet. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

which item number are you trying to get "feedback"/reviews for?

i buy what i want to buy......i generally take all reviews with a grain of salt. i purchase and usually decide for myself. i have LOVED items that people gave bad reviews on, i have HATED items that get great reviews.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein