Honored Contributor

I found an old (2009) Program Guide for QVC. Thought you'd find it interesting. I did. Recently some of us have been complaining about the lack of diversity of what QVC offers.

It isn't our imagination. I'll take a few minutes to post a few days from 2009. Just glance over it. Ready?

Sunday, 2 Aug 2009 (Eastern time zone): Starting with midnight, Make Mine to Go, Rachael Ray, Honora Jewelry, Linea by Louis Dell'Olio, Sleep Number Bed, Kitchen Ideas, Silver Style, "The Dish" w/Rachael Ray, Time of Life Music by Popular Demand, In the Kitchen w/David (Food of the Month), Honora, 12th Aniv Celebration, The Dish w/Rachael, Linea w/Louis Dell'Olio, The Dish, Honora, Richard Simmons w/The Oldies

The above was for one day.

Here's one more. Monday, 10 August 2009: Style Check, Lauren G. Adams (Fashion Jewelry), The Beatles Albums/Music, Bradley by Bradley Bayou, Fashion Designer, QVC Morning, Fashion forum, Malachite Jewelry, Style by Popular Demand, White Mountain Footware, Q Check, Susan Graver, Epiphany Platinum Clad Silver & Diamonique Jewelry, Fall In Love with Fashion, The Beatles Music Album, Happy Hour, PM Style (started at 6:00PM-10:00PM), Editor's Choice (Fashion Jewelry), Bradley by Bradley Bayou (Fashion Designer).

I hope you weren't bored. I just wanted to post what some of us complain about when we talk about repition and how we are beaten over the head with (say on a Sunday) we have Dyson over and over and over. I just don't even bother watching QVC, I'm so tired of over and over.

Take care ladies, I'm going over to my favorite TV Forum.

Honored Contributor
I rarely get into posting anything negative about QVC. Not my style and I like Q but I cannot believe they are having yet another Dyson TSV.
Esteemed Contributor

I do remember those days, and many days prior to that. I've watched QVC since it first hit the air AS QVC... oh, I wish the "olden days" of the Q would come back. I remember Lauren G. Adams (Fashion Jewelry) and have several of her rings. They were beautiful then, and they still are, and were very reasonably priced. And when they had their St. Patrick's Day celebrations, they had such a wide variety of things offered. I have a collection of Irish Heritage Cottages (exact replicas of real cottages, churches, and other buildings in Ireland, such as the "Quiet Man Cottage" which was in the movie "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne). They are so detailed it's almost unreal.

They had a guy on who made rustic birdhouses, which I loved and still have a couple. I never actually put them out for the birds, they're so pretty, and were rather expensive for birdhouses. I have them packed away right now trying to decide what to do with them - maybe I'll just give them to my little birdie friends!

And the jewelry selections were so varied - they offered so many different styles, price ranges, and designers. There was something for everyone.

Now I'm going to go do some cleaning and organizing... when that gets to be more interesting than watching anything on QVC (haven't turned it on in two days), then I'm in trouble! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

very interesting Annabelle......you have proven what we all have been saying....the Q. had way more variety back in the ""good old days"".....thanks for the posting....

Valued Contributor

We didn't get QVC in my area until around 2004 so I think I missed a lot of the good things. I do remember and miss the beautiful Country Living quilt shows, Peterboro Baskets, the Victorian decor shows, Tiffany style lighting, etc.

I suppose I'm saying I miss all the home decor items they used to have. I love VPH but even her things are becoming repetitious like everything else on QVC.

Honored Contributor

I might watch a little more if QVC showed different things, but the sad thing is I wouldn't BUY any more than I already do.

I think that's more about me than what they're selling. I'm into year 3 now of a concerted attempt to wean what's in my house. I've made significant progress, but years and years of buying has meant there still more "stuff" than I want or need.

Lots and lots of what I have/had too much of came from years and years of buying from QVC. I still buy, but I will never again buy with such abandon as I did years ago. Doesn't matter what's on the air or whether shipping if free, etc.

Honored Contributor
On 1/18/2015 kittymomNC said:

I do remember those days, and many days prior to that. I've watched QVC since it first hit the air AS QVC... oh, I wish the "olden days" of the Q would come back. I remember Lauren G. Adams (Fashion Jewelry) and have several of her rings. They were beautiful then, and they still are, and were very reasonably priced. And when they had their St. Patrick's Day celebrations, they had such a wide variety of things offered. I have a collection of Irish Heritage Cottages (exact replicas of real cottages, churches, and other buildings in Ireland, such as the "Quiet Man Cottage" which was in the movie "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne). They are so detailed it's almost unreal.

They had a guy on who made rustic birdhouses, which I loved and still have a couple. I never actually put them out for the birds, they're so pretty, and were rather expensive for birdhouses. I have them packed away right now trying to decide what to do with them - maybe I'll just give them to my little birdie friends!

And the jewelry selections were so varied - they offered so many different styles, price ranges, and designers. There was something for everyone.

Now I'm going to go do some cleaning and organizing... when that gets to be more interesting than watching anything on QVC (haven't turned it on in two days), then I'm in trouble! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Kitty ... I've wanted that cottage for years. I missed out on it and have looked everywhere for it. Yes, the old Q had a fun variety of stuff. The new Q just uses the same vendors to make or combine stuff.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."