Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Looking Into Why It Showed A Laptop With Racist Content On TV

I don't mind gifs but I wish they didn't look like they were pulled from a grammar school kid's computer.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Their reaction is not surprising when you consider this is the corporation that continues to support Lisa Rinna.  The names and terms she used couldn't get much worse.

@Kachina624  when QVC's Exec made the statement, " The language shown was in direct contradiction to our values at QVC"......  I immediately thought of Lisa Rinna.....(great minds DO think alike) Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

As per what I said on the other thread: woudn't surprise me if some smartbutt is laughing their butt off over their prank.

Yep, that's how it often is today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Doug Rose, SVP, Brand and Communications, QVC, said in a statement to Consumerist. “We apologize to any viewers that were offended by this unauthorized content."

No on air apology statement to the tv viewers? confused.gif

I knew about the other thread.  And just like this one, it appears no posters saw this incident/presentation.  Strange......

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Doug Rose, SVP, Brand and Communications, QVC, said in a statement to Consumerist. “We apologize to any viewers that were offended by this unauthorized content."

No on air apology statement to the tv viewers? confused.gif

I knew about the other thread.  And just like this one, it appears no posters saw this incident/presentation.  Strange......

not that strange......many of the posters here claim they dont even watch qvc! there are also a large group that say that selling computers on qvc makes for a very boring show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It's a shame this happened, but face it.  Some horrible racist and homophobic remarks have been made here on this forum and they stayed far longer than they should have.  The posters weren't all banned either.

Overt racism is making a strong comeback in this country.  It's appalling and sickening.  

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe this was deliberate on QVC's part nor do I believe they were hacked.  I do believe some no goodnick (employee) did this because they could.   We're living in a world where people have no filter, want to 'tell it like it is" and such.

I don't watch QVC, if I want to buy an item, I go on line.  I'm surprised it took the PTB so long to make an apology. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I don't believe this was deliberate on QVC's part nor do I believe they were hacked.  I do believe some no goodnick (employee) did this because they could.   We're living in a world where people have no filter, want to 'tell it like it is" and such.

I don't watch QVC, if I want to buy an item, I go on line.  I'm surprised it took the PTB so long to make an apology. 

Did they ever with that PD person? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why is there a cartoon fish on this thread?  Apparently @shell garden has acquired these things and is sticking them in her posts.  Very annoying as they have nothing to do with the subject.

-----------

It is a taking the bait cartoon.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
QVC Customer Care