Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad about Gabriella and Antoinella. I hope I spelled their names correctly. Long term host. Had to sting.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Could very well be that many customers/viewers weren't / aren't able to have QVC 2,  and QVC 3, etc., etc.

I don't have those channels.  

Could be that there will eventually be only one channel.  OVC 1.  

Wishing all concerned the very best. 

Perhaps one or two or more hosts/employees need to be home with their children because of the current and near future health situation.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

The comments on these forums, represent a tiny sampling of QVC customers, and it's human nature, for people to comment, when they have negative experiences, as opposed, to writing atta boys! 

I, for instance, have done more on line shopping, in the last 4-5 months, than probably, the last 5 years.  

My experiences with QVC, have been very comparable, to other retailers.  Overall, shipping has been on the sluggish side, and trying to get directly thru, to any company, about anything, is an adventure 😈, but, I'm hanging in! 

@SuhseK 

And despite small responses from customers it has resulted in QVC/vendors to make changes on products. And many companies use surveys which and despite a small response from customers, the companies use them to evaluate their business and customer service....Marketers say one customer reponse is the equivalent to 800 to 1,000 customers....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Its sad to see anyone lose a job....and my heart goes out to all those workers....its not the best time to be seeking employment....

But folks, didnt we all see this coming with the cut backs in  live shows and too many hosts and production crew and not enough time slots for them........

It will be interesting to see which other hosts QVC choses to let go..............

And @Spurt which ones they don't...

@stevieb   @Spurt   Don't forget those who surely must be eligible and ripe for retirement.  Maybe they'll be given incentives.  That would be nice.

@Kachina624  I wouldn't mind seeing Rick retire, though all indications are they'd not want him to. Jane will never leave, willingly anyway. Those who used to comprise the 'second tier' are already largely gone. That would leave, one assesses, Dan, Leah, Jane, Pat, Carolyn and Mary Beth, who I suspect they'd like to hold onto, even if she sees little action. It seems they're determined to hold onto the newbies and those they view (and I don't...) as the 'rising stars... The newbies probably don't command huge salaries but neither have they proved their mettle like some that have departed these environs, whether willingly or not... Amy's departure, as far as I'm concerned would be cause for celebration, but I don't see it happening...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This Forum could be axed.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

This Forum could be axed.

It could be but I don't see it... Pehaps they'll reduce the number of moderators or move some of them full time to customer service... Wishful thinking maybe... The IT staff clearly can't absorb any reductions... Things are barely functional as it is...

Esteemed Contributor
haven’t read all of these posts, but have been a little surprised to not see references to Sandra. I would put her in the precarious list - someone not even thought enough about to worry about. She’s kind of a placeholder to me now - having lost her highest profile Friday night beauty show. At least she still does some midnight TSV shows.
Honored Contributor

Firing Antonella is just a bridge too far. I suppose the handwriting might have been on the wall when they so insensitively sent out surveys about her. She could often be a bit too gushing and giddy, but I liked her and she gave very thorough presentations, something that seems not to happen with some of the others as often as it should. What I want to see is who, if anybody, got canned from the executive suite, where some are so very, very deserving.

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
haven’t read all of these posts, but have been a little surprised to not see references to Sandra. I would put her in the precarious list - someone not even thought enough about to worry about. She’s kind of a placeholder to me now - having lost her highest profile Friday night beauty show. At least she still does some midnight TSV shows.

Who does the Friday Beauty show now?  I've always liked Sandra the most, really.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]