Trusted Contributor

I had a similar thing happen with two Walmart gift cards, they ones the refund desk gives you for a store credit  By the time I used them, the cashier told me there was zero on the cards   They had never left my wallet.  I got a complete runaround from one store to the next, to the 800# and back.  I gave up.  Knowing better now,  I wouldn't. 

I agree, I would insist on an answer from QVC because their system knows when, where and for how much each card was used.  I hope you get your money back.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch   Wow! Thanks!  I copied down the number and will call next week.  I was lucky because when I cut the two up (totalling $80) I put it in the ofc trash and there's only paper in it.  Ha!  I taped it together.

I'd have just figured a long time ago I'd used it and didn't remember, but how could I have used them if I didn't take off the tape covering the pin number.  While even giving them to the QVC phone answerer I had trouble getting the little piece of tape off.  I said, "Oh!  My Goodness!  I hope I don't pull off the pin number too"!

It's going to be one of those mysteries.  I remember one time at a Home Depot I went to buy a gift card and the cashier said, "This card has been used.  You need to go get another one."

Now they're so covered it's difficult to use and put back.  Although thieves have a way of doing that.

With the way you can use your phone to pay for stuff (just touch it to something).  There's probably a way to scan the number to your phone and not pay for it.  I have no idea how but I'll bet there's a way.

My daughter uses her phone for everything.  I tell her she's crazy but she's in her 30's and that group often use their phones for ...... well...everything.

Valued Contributor

Have you checked to see if they were added as credits to your account?  Happened to me before.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan  Well, that's why I called customer service to ask them.  I figured .....they are called customer service so I figured they'd know.....well...they had no explanation as to how someone could use the card without the pin number.

It's all about the 'pin number' I guess.  I often get asked for MY pin number on my cards....but I'm telling you these pin numbers were still covered up on ALL THREE cards.

I'll call the number someone here gave me.  Believe me, I'm not a wuss (baby boomer word) when it comes to most things.

Oh!  The stories I could tell you on how I've followed through on something.  I just figured customer service knew what they were talking about.....well...you'd think.

As far as "the mods" they read the posts so obviously, the don't know anything....

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 ....last year at Christmas my girl friend as part of her gifts to her son she picked up several gift cards at Walmart, they were for specific restaurants....you guessed it, her son tried using the card and it was denied, no money on the card.  She took it back to Walmart, they gave her a huge run around but she ended up getting her money back.  Never really understood what happened....I am guessing when the card was activated, the activation failed...I hope you find out about your cards, like I said earler, I would want to know where my money went.

Contributor

a mystery! Can't wait to find out what happens.

Honored Contributor

@biskeefeathers wrote:

a mystery! Can't wait to find out what happens.

LOL

Me either!

Good luck @Annabellethecat66 

Now we are all dying to know how this can be resolved!

But once again, do NOT dismiss the mods!  They are the 'elite' of the C/S team as far as MANY of us here are concerned!!!

If your phone call gets you no where....get the mods involved in this mystery.  I have a LOT of faith in them getting to the bottom of this!

Respected Contributor

My guess is that the cards never were activated at the point of purchase.

Honored Contributor

Are the type of cards issued that have a monthly fee deducted after a certain amount of time has gone by and the value of the card was used up by those fees?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Gift Cards - UGH!

[ Edited ]

My sister gave me a very generous Q gift card for my 60th birthday this year - and i decided to treat myself to a Dooney when there was a free shipping day. Wouldn't you know it, a message came up that the card was already used. I was given the card a few weeks prior- I knew it wasn't used. I called Q customer service- in their systems they could see that the number wasn't used (not sure how Woman Frustrated....) - and they arranged the credit to be on my account. Woman Happy Got my Dooney backpack!!