Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Extends Return Policy to 90 Days

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nobody has to risk exposing herself to the virus to return anything.  Use the Q return label, go to the USPS website and ask for a pick up at the time and place of your choice.  They will come and get it.  A confirmation is sent as soon as they pick it up.  What could be simpler?  Why does anyone need a time extension?

@Pearlee   @sueinsf   @Oznell   @SandySparkles   @Linmo 

@

I always get a receipt at the post office. Won't do it any other way. 

I'm glad to learn of the policy, although there's no header at the top of any of my QVC pages, but I did find it buried in the Q's help pages. HSN doesn't appear to be doing the same thing. Worse, their return clock starts on the date of your order (the receipt), so you don't even get 30 days.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina636. And as I said I don't use return labels from Q unless the item is defective. And no thanks to the confirmation notice, I trust only a receipt in hand. I get too many screwed up messages from the P.O. in my tracking --- just dealt with that snafu recently which a Mod straightened out for me --- or the tracking is missing altogether. It'll be a recept in hand for me. The P.O and other delivery methods are
staying open, I want my receipt.
You do want you want and I'll do what I want, no matter what you underline. And my method will be cheaper than the Q return label which is not a good deal. If I can go to the grocery store I can go to a shipper.
Honored Contributor

That's nice I guess, but I'm not buying anything from the Q in the near future.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nobody has to risk exposing herself to the virus to return anything.  Use the Q return label, go to the USPS website and ask for a pick up at the time and place of your choice.  They will come and get it.  A confirmation is sent as soon as they pick it up.  What could be simpler?  Why does anyone need a time extension?

@

I always get a receipt at the post office. Won't do it any other way. 

I'm glad to learn of the policy, although there's no header at the top of any of my QVC pages, but I did find it buried in the Q's help pages. HSN doesn't appear to be doing the same thing. Worse, their return clock starts on the date of your order (the receipt), so you don't even get 30 days.

I can't find where it states 90 day return policy.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky There is a red banner at the top of my screen part of which says See Our Response To COVID -19 followed by a link to click on. The info I posted is from that link.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@

People are so focused on the medical and safety forces dealing with this pandemic, but I will remind everyone that the postal workers, UPS and FedEx are all in and working hard too. 

If those entities end up having to shut down because of excessive illnesses, there will be bigger problems moving not just one's QVC type purchases, but critical things needed to fight this virus. 

So the 90 day return takes some concentrated volume increases and stress off postal and other deliver service people, spreads out the volume and doesn't over tax their systems, very similar to what they are trying to do with flattening the curve in the virus. They have employees that will be getting ill and taking time off, it is inevitable. Some areas will be trying to work their delivery with many fewer employees, at least temporarily. They aren't the kind of jobs you can just hire temps to cover short term. 

So I guess I can't see, how others can't see, that spreading out anything right now, even return policies, help with logistics, work loads, and benefits more than just the QVC customer, but those serving us to keep supplies moving all over the nation and world right  now.

Trusted Contributor

What about HSN?

They have excluded this line from the HSN customer experience "And we’re temporarily extending our return policy from 30 to 90 days to make sure you have enough time to safely complete your return or exchange."

This is unfair to HSN customers!

Trusted Contributor

From HSN.com

Our Customer Experience

While we’ve temporarily closed all of our retail stores to the public, our broadcast studios and warehouses remain operational. Like other networks and retailers who ship products, we’re continuing to serve our customers. We’ll keep working together with government, community and trade organizations to ensure that we’re always acting in the interests of the common good.

We’re trying to offer more of the products you might need to shop for as this situation unfolds: food, home office items to keep you productive, fitness/wellness products and cleaning items – as well as crafts, garden and other items to enjoy while at home.

When you tune in to our live show, you’ll notice fewer models, as well as greater distance between hosts and guests. We’re taking these measures to limit the number of people in our studios and facilitate social distancing while we continue to connect with you.

From  qvc.com

Our Customer Experience

While we’ve temporarily closed all of our retail stores to the public, our broadcast studios and warehouses remain operational. Like other networks and retailers who ship products, we’re continuing to serve our customers. We’ll keep working together with government, community, and trade organizations to ensure that we’re always acting in the interests of the common good.

We’re trying to offer more of the products you might need to shop for as this situation unfolds: food, home office items to keep you productive, fitness/wellness products, and cleaning items – as well as crafts, garden and other items to enjoy while at home. And we’re temporarily extending our return policy from 30 to 90 days to make sure you have enough time to safely complete your return or exchange.

When you tune in, you’ll notice more taped programming on QVC2. You’ll also notice fewer models and guests on air during our live show. We’re taking these measures to limit the number of people in our studios and facilitate social distancing while we continue to connect with you.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@

@Kachina624 

I assume that the extended return policy is because people are not buying like they did, and are panicking and returning lots of things they ordered and canceling items because, hey, who needs that stuck in the house for months? By extending the return policy, they hope people will continue to buy knowing they can return if the situation hasn’t changed in 3 months. They are betting people will keep those things.

To save us putting a label on a box and sticking it in the mail? I don’t think so...

Contributor

I still do not understand the confusion over returns at QVC.   I recently returned a TSV SKIN TROPHY microdermabrasion kit purchased FEB 21. which has an extended return policy in place before the latest 90 day policy . I called customer service to inquire about the confusion and was told it does not met there 30 day return policy? I assume some at qvc are not aware of their return policyCan someone please clarify the policy for products listed by distributors in place for beauty products . Thank you in advance