Honored Contributor

QVC Doesn't Change the Order Numbers Quickly

I order most things through the automatic dial in.  This problem with QVC happens constantly (not every now and then, but often).

It just happened again and I'm so angry!  The Barbara Bixby one day only.....

I ordered as soon as I saw it on the screen.  I dialed in immediately on the automatic answering.....Well, as often happens, the number quoted by the computer was different than the one day only.

In other words the automatic dial in numbers aren't changed as quickly as they should be.  So, here I am trying to call in and not use the phone answerer because she/he/they were busy, I tried to do it automatically.

Well, it can't be done because over and over the automatic numbers quoted is for something entirely different!

If it happened every now and then it would be different.  However, it happens a lot.

I'll just bet the person who is controlling whatever it is (that changes the auto ordering numbers isn't quick!  I'll bet it's one specific person and could even be traced to whomever is doing it on that specific day.

So, now everyone will say, "it's done by computer".  OK, if that's true then why does it happen so often and if a computer is doing it, what you see on the screen should be the same order numbers when you TRY to dial automatically.  No!  That doesn't happen.

I'm so angry because of course, within maybe 2 or 3 minutes the one day only was sold out.  All of us trying to hurry up and order it, got locked out!

I'm sure this happens to other who try to order automatically.  I don't know if it's the region people are calling from (I've been told that).  Because I've had people in other states tell me they have a heck of a time trying to get through.

We will never know.  I've posted this same problem on here several times, but it continues to happen. 

When I FINALLY had someone answer (because the automatic phone kept giving a wrong order number) they said it was 'sold out'.

Here's another thing I think.  They didn't have many in the first place and this might be a way of limiting the calls.

I've complained to customer service, nothing gets better.  It happens a lot during the late night hours. 

Whatever..... 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Doesn't Change the Order Numbers Quickly

If I’m using the auto phone ordering and want to order fast, I always have the item number written down so I can immediately hit ‘3’ on the phone.  That allows you to enter the item number you want to order and not wait for the recording to go through its two item suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would think, if it happened to you a number of times, you'd be ready with the item number and have it written down.  OR just place your order online.  Save yourself the aggravation.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette @Equuleus

I read @Annabellethecat66‘s Post and apparently the item numbers don’t match when ordering over the phone. Especially for a ODO priced item.

Respected Contributor

I always order online with no problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

@butterfly123

It doesn’t pull up the correct item when you enter in the item number yourself?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

If I’m using the auto phone ordering and want to order fast, I always have the item number written down so I can immediately hit ‘3’ on the phone.  That allows you to enter the item number you want to order and not wait for the recording to go through its two item suggestions.

@butterfly123   As@geezerette  said, all you have to do is press "3" on your phone, enter the item number and #.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment