Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?

@Pekoecat the last part of your post was interesting.  Did you accuse someone or the group of being on a vendor's payroll?  I can see that being a problem or unpleasant inference, if they thought that was your meaning. I don't know.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a member of a couple of those pages.  I voluntarily left them a couple months ago.  For every nice, earnest post, there were 10 posts bashing vendors, hosts or other posters.  There were a couple of clear instigators, and it seemed to me they were tolerated to keep the page active.  They were very juvenile and mean spirited.  I realized that it was more drama than I cared to see in a day and contributed little value to my interests.  

Most of the vendors know about the groups and are members themselves.  They give "shout outs" on air to the "Addicts".  The group members are, well, groupies! 

I find much more value and camaraderie here Woman Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't belong to those groups, but I did just look. I can see the same admin is in charge of at least 2 of them. Just join a different one that she is not a part of.

Super Contributor

@Pekoecat, are you on Instagram?  One lady from the groups, who has great fashion sense, posts her OOTD there.  ReeGeeWeestyles is her "handle".

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pekoecat wrote:

I recently joined 3 QVC addicts facebook groups and was enjoying the posts (especially of people posting pictures of clothing and shoes they had bought).

I entered 2 contests, one for shoes and the other for some Life Therapy products. 

After the closing date of the one contest I couldn't see where winner's name was so I posted the question.  No one could answer me. 

A day or so later I posed the question again, explaining I was new to the group and was wondering who won.  Next thing I know I was removed from that group.

So, I posed the question on the other QVC Addicts page (the beauty one) and someone there told me I must have broken a rule and had been kicked out.  I explained all I did was ask who won a contest.  Next thing you know I was removed from that group and the other QVC Addicts page too.

I wonder if the vendors like Nick Chavez, and all the others know about what goes on.

I actually reached out to the one vendor and she was "sorry to hear" that I had been removed from the group and was very sweet.

I believe they might be violating some Facebook rules regarding their contests. But haven't finished researching that.

Also, after talking to some people I am getting the impression that these FB page groups are people on a payroll of some kind. 

Anyone else run into this?

@Pekoecat,  I don't participate in these groups.   If you have a problem with policy violations you can try reporting to Facebook -- but their customer support is minimal so don't be disappointed if the response is less than helpful.    As far as people on a payroll, there are compensated "shills" all over the internet (please know that I'm not accusing the Facebook admins you speak of -- they're not here to defend themselves, so i think we need to be cognizant of that fact).    I have no doubt we've seen compensated reviews and posts on the QVC Community, and you'll see it when you read reviews on just about any site.    People are compensated to promote and also to disparage and criticize, even with completely fake reviews for products or services they've never used.   I take it all with a huge grain of salt, because there are so many sides to each story and anonymous entities are often unrealiable.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pekoecat wrote:

lovestoteach wrote:

@Pekoecat

I am not sure that I fully understand their purpose or value either.

Sometimes I only join and peek in every now and then.

Wondered about the contests, too.

Also wondered about what a hassle it would be to have to "monitor" groups like this?

If I were a company, I would not want someone representing my business that I had no control over?

Guess there is no way of stopping it though.

Funny thing is I was really enjoying some of it.  There was one woman who posted pictures of outfits she'd put together (not always with Q clothing) and I found her to be very inspirational.  :-)      From what I've read, facebook have some pretty strict rules about contests.  But my biggest disappointment has to do with vendors like Nick Chavez who posted and commented regularily.  Oh well.  Life is good. 

You said, in the original post, "I wonder if the vendors like Nick Chavez, and all the others know about what goes on."   Now you mention disappointment with Nick Chavez because he posts and comments regularly.    This is a wee bit confusing.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

There are pages that are really nice. One for recipes. Really well done. Started off as QVC fans but has evolved.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Pekoecat wrote:

Nancy Drew 1 wrote:

I take any FB page with a grain of salt. Anyone can start one. There are some with the only goal of this where we can bash the host. That is the reason it was made. Anyone can remove anyone at anytime for any reason. Just know that going in. They are really no rules per say. Under no obligation to give a contest prize. I could be wrong and if I am others can clear it up.

Oh I totally get it. What surprises me about these pages are the Q "vendors" who participate. It could have a negative impact by participating in these groups.

Again, in the OP you stated:  "I wonder if the vendors like Nick Chavez, and all the others know about what goes on."   Evidently, they do.    If so, they're aware of the impact of social media so they're likely doing so after weighing the pros and cons. Just guessing, though.

Regular Contributor

"Pekoecat's" story is inconsistent.

I smell a not so hidden passive aggressive agenda.

Honored Contributor

i am on several of the "addicts pages," (beauty, recipes/cooking, general) including the main one which has 28000+ members. yes, they run giveaways often. some of the vendors kindly give items to her to run a contest (some of them the upcoming TSVs). some of the vendors ARE very chatty there.

which contest were you looking for @Pekoecat?  i have never found the group to be a problem and she does run a pretty tight ship......no bashing allowed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein