Esteemed Contributor

1.   Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days you will be right.

2.   He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things he has not, but rejoices for the those he has.

3.   Turn your wounds into wisdom.

4.   A mind needs books as a sword need a whetstone.   If it is to keep its edge.

5.   The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

6.   Don't base your decisions on the advice of those who don't have to deal with the results.

7.   Don't exchange what you want most for what you want for the moment.

8.   We can know only that we know nothing.  And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.

9.   Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.

10.   Knowing is not enough; we mus apply.  Wishing is not enough; we must do

11.   Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.

12.   Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.

13.   Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

14.   A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.

15.   It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

16.   It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

17.   Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart.

18.   True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.

19.   Count your age by friends,  not years.  Count your life by smiles, not tears.

20.   Money makes a good servant, but a bad master.

21.   Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

22.   A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.

23.   Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

24.   A fool will learn nothing from a wise man, but a wise man will learn much from a fool.

25.   Never interrupt your opponent while he 's making a mistake.

26.   He who angers you conquers you.

27.   Beware of the man who has nothing to lose, for he has only to gain.

28.   God gave us mouths that close and ears that don't.  That should tell us something.

29.   Be mindful of what you toss away, be careful of what you push away, and think hard before you walk away.

30.   A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it, is committing another mistake.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

All good ones. 5 is my favorite. 🙏❤️☕️

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  This is such a nice collection! Numbers 6, 16 and 22 grabbed my attention the most.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖