Honored Contributor

Re: Q is agressively marketing their Q card

Don't know anything about regional differences and so on, but I get 5% off ALL purchases with my Target Card, constant EXTRA discounts through my Mavy's catd, and of course 10/20/30 % off with my Kohl's card, so I don't really get the rancor about the Q-Card.

I use credit and keep my cards paid off every billing cycle. I no longer like to carry cash, and my credit scores(s) are also all over 800, so I guess it's working out OK for me.

I did have a Q Card years ago, but I cancelled it because I was using a card with comparable services while taking care of my mother. No rancor on my part though.

Honored Contributor

I have no issues with the EP offers increasing. It is an interest free loan, why not use it?If there was a charge for it that would be different but there isn't. 

If a person is an irresponsible shopper EP doesn't make any difference - they would impulse buy anyway.

Honored Contributor

I have no incentive to get a Q card.  They are mareketing it very aggressively. 

The interest rate is outrageous.  I'm sure they will make a lot of money because many people don't pay off their balance every month.

Honored Contributor

The easy pay offers have to increase the price of the goods because Q has extended all of that credit.We keep our money in the bank and use theirs till the easy pays are completed...that cost has to be built in.