Valued Contributor

I went to puchase the TSV today. When I went to order they said I couldn't use my Q Card. I asked why. They said since I hadn't used it 18 months it was no longer good and that I would have to get a new one. I said no. So I charged on one of my other cards. I f I didn't want the TSV so bad I would have told the girl to forget it. And cancel the order. So if you don't use the card in a certain amount of time they take it away. Well they lost a customer that might have come back but not nowl.

Trusted Contributor

It's not QVC's fault, it's the bank that suppies the card, Synchrony.  I had two other stores that did the same thing to me. 

Honored Contributor

I think that's pretty much standard practice in the credit industry.  Use it or lose it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's good to know, I don't use my QCard that much and if I didn't use it for 18 months and it was cancelled, I no doubt would not get another.

Esteemed Contributor

I suppose you could say they took your card away, but really, the bank that issued the card apparently deactivated it for non-use. A card that isn't used makes them no money in interest charges. Credit cards issued for use only at specific companies like QVC or HSN sometimes have more stringent rules when it comes to non-use.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I don't see the reason to bash QVC for a bank choosing to close a card that hasn't been used in almost 2 years. It's not the only bank that does that; it's happened to me with other bank cards.

Honored Contributor

Any bank that intends to cancel a card for non-use should notify the customer in advance. Having a card revoked without prior notification is unacceptable, IMO. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure the terms of use agreement allow the bank to cancel the card/account without notifying the cardholder.  This happened to me years ago.  I had a Sears credit card and it was canceled for inactivity. 

Honored Contributor

I'd also think this has nothing to do with QVC.  I'd think it's Synchrony's responsibility to notify.  There's probably some statement in the 5 or 6 pages of fine print that came with the card.  I read plenty of things others might not, but I'd admit to not reading those pages from any company. 

I had a card cancelled a few years ago-  an ordinary bank Visa from Chase.  I think I remember correctly that they gave me notice, but I'm really not sure.  Obviously I didn't need that card, so the only reason I cared was that for some reason they'd given me a high credit limit and I was concerned about my FICA, but losing the card had very little effect and then for almost no time.

Honored Contributor

I had a home depot card closed for no use.