Frequent Contributor

I have had a Q Card for years and always paid it online through my QVC account. This morning when I went to pay my bill they are asking for my banking info. I don't understand why they are doing this if I always paid online then they should still have that info. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you

Super Contributor

I had the same issue this month.  I reentered my info, paid my balance and a few days later received an auto call saying that the bank did not recognize my account info and payment did not go through.  Called, they resubmitted, indicating others have had same issue.  I am waiting to see if this payment went through.  There are NO ISSUES with my bank acct.

Respected Contributor

@Squirt60   I have a PayPal credit card account via Synchrony and sometimes when logging in to PayPal on my MacBook laptop to pay it online when I hit the "pay now" button it just shows that endless "spin" thing and never goes to the spot where I get to select "minimum payment"  or "balance Payment" or "other amount" to start and complete the transaction and then get an e-mail confirmation.

At that point I pay over the phone to Synchrony. (Found the number online sincee I don't have a "physical" card--and neever did-- for this line of PayPal credit.)  

If I use a different browser, as I did this morning, I can successfully go through these steps  to pay my bill online.  I had to use Firefox today to get it to complete this successfully.  Safari was not being accepted.

I never try to link using the e-mail notice, instead starting fresh by logging in directly via PayPal.  In your case, using the QVC link to pay your bill might be a problem.

Good luck.  High tech is wonderful, isn't it--until it doesn't work.  

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Frequent Contributor

Thank you both for your replies. I just did a payment on the phone using the automated feature. It was very easy and hopefully it will go through.

Thanks again and have a great day! 😊😊

Honored Contributor

@Squirt60 

Did QVC by any chance change banks or still using Synchrony?

I had a similar problem with a store card and Capital One Bank, except I was trying to open an online account to pay my bill.  Online, the bank didn't recognize me, but I recently used my store card, the order accepted by the bank, received the order, and wanted to pay off the balance online.

Called the bank, they referred me to the fraud dept.  Interesting to find out, the store changed banks from Synchrony to Capital One last March.  

I was told when accounts are transferred from the previous bank to the new bank, sometimes customer account info gets mixed up between account holders!!!!!!  My birthdate and the first three numbers of my social security number were wrong.  

Think of it...I was using this card and no one caught the discrepancy at the bank.  I'm sure they were sending credit reports to the credit bureaus and they didn't catch it.  

They wouldn't take my word I was the account holder by giving them the correct information over the phone, I had to prove it by sending a copy of my social security card and driver's license.  We are always guilty until proven innocent...how it goes today.  

The story doesn't end there.  A few weeks later, I tried to open an online account again.  Again, I wasn't recognized.  The fraud department forgot to change my birthdate.  

I don't like retail cards at all, but I opened this one in the late 1980's, like this retailer a lot, receive bonus points and other benefits and never had a problem during the 34 years I have had this card.  

Honored Contributor

I had an issue yesterday with trying to pay my Q card.  It told me my user name or password was incorrect.  I tried it on my laptop and tablet.  I clicked on forgot password and I was able to reset it and then it worked.  It's strange because I was using the right information as I write down my passwords. 

Valued Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I had an issue yesterday with trying to pay my Q card.  It told me my user name or password was incorrect.  I tried it on my laptop and tablet.  I clicked on forgot password and I was able to reset it and then it worked.  It's strange because I was using the right information as I write down my passwords. 

This forum does come in handy,as the other day I had the same problem knew I was putting in the right information and it kept saying incorrect username and password knew it was right but after so many times they wouldn't let me try.Next day tried again same thing I finally clicked that I forgot username and password which I know I didn't but couldn't get on to QCard account I do have auto pay but like to check how much will be coming out each month.

Once I changed password was able to get on thought that was very strange

In today's world  very leary when this happens will be watching my account  with the Q card carefully.

Think the bank should notify card holders that they were having a problem and  not saying  you enter incorrect information.

Honored Contributor

I just checked and I just made my most recent pmt for my Q Card  3 days ago, on Feb 10, and it went through as usual with the data they had on file for me.

I hope whatever happened for some is straightened out.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I had the same thing happened, called the Q and was told they were updating forms of payment. I re-entered my form of payment and my payment went through ok.