Respected Contributor

Re: Pumpkins in July?? PIJ lol.. :)

@lovescats wrote:

Halloween candy is in the stores.

....take a picture and post.  Otherwise, I just don't believe it.  I was in Walmart on Saturday and Target today.  I didn't see an Halloween candy.

Honored Contributor

I confess I've been a "victim" of trying to dress seasonally to choose pumpkins, or visit a harvest fair, or anything else to do with fall.

The only problem is that here in northern California it's typically too warm at that time of year to wear sweaters, and sometimes not even a long-sleeved cotton t-shirt or cotton turtleneck.    

I only once got to wear my Quacker sweater from the mid-2000s (black with a large pumpkin on one side - not smack in the middle like most QF) between then and now.  By the time it's cold enough, the season's over, and in recent years even winter hasn't been cold enough.

(I think I'm going to have to move so the climate of my location matches my wardrobe!)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@appleseed wrote:

I heard a host mention today what we can wear when we go pumpkin picking.. Noooo! It is still July! Smiley Happy 

I'm always amused by the pumpkin picking references. For those who actually do go to pumpkin patches each year, how long do you spend in said patch? Fifteen minutes max? I guess it's a photo-op, hence the fashion planning? Smiley Happy Funny! 

Last year I went to the pumpkin patch with my grandchildren.  It is now an all afternoon affair.  There were mazes, hayrides, slides, a train ride and a large gift shop and cafe.

There is big money in these pumpkin patches.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

Halloween candy is in the stores.

....take a picture and post.  Otherwise, I just don't believe it.  I was in Walmart on Saturday and Target today.  I didn't see an Halloween candy.

I'm not taking a picture and posting it because I don't care if you think I'm lying or not (LOL) but I could hardly believe my eyes when I was in my local Giant Eagle Sunday and there, in the center aisle was Halloween candy.  Stacked on boxes that had jack-o-lanterns, black cats and witches on them.