Honored Contributor

Re: Puerto Rico dam developing major crack!

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple@I found one. I went on Charity Navigator and found the highest rated organization that does international relief. I read about their work and their stats of staff salièries, expenses, etc. Looks excellent, go check for yourself. It's called Direct Relief located in California. I went to their website and learned I could donate through PayPal and designate where I wanted my donation to go... Puerto Rico was one of the options. Done

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JaneMarple@I found one. I went on Charity Navigator and found the highest rated organization that does international relief. I read about their work and their stats of staff salièries, expenses, etc. Looks excellent, go check for yourself. It's called Direct Relief located in California. I went to their website and learned I could donate through PayPal and designate where I wanted my donation to go... Puerto Rico was one of the options. Done

Thanks so much @Kachina624 for this invaluable information. Smiley Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

These recent hurricanes have played havoc on the Caribbean islands.   I hope these people receive the help that they need including water, food and shelter.  

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 been wanting to find a charity like this!So appreciate!thanks!

Btw if you shop at amazon go to amazon smiles if you haven't already and a portion of what you spend goes to your charity of choice...Direct relief is there and i just changed mine!..I dont think we can say we want this to go to a certain place with amazon but i am sure they are there helping in all the usa disasters including puerto rico and other islands..May they all get the help they need.....I have been calling churches to try to find someone i can donate good almost new clothes for puerto rico  but havent had any luck...Maybe if i call somewhere in SF i will have better luck.

Super Contributor

I am really upset as well about all thats happened and now the dam problem just had me balling earlier...I wish i could do way more to help these people other than to pray and send lots of love and energetic hugs to them.May god bless them and help them cope in the coming days.Its so overwhelming to even try to think how they will get threw this.

New Contributor

Thank you all for your prayers and support! On behalf of my fellow puertorricans, I thank you! At the time of hurricane Maria, just hours before the landfall, Puerto Rico opened the doors for 1,800 evacuees from USVI. Days before that more had arrived. Puertorricans are known for their hospitality and generosity. It's instilled in our blood from birth. I still remember my grandmother telling me that if I had only one cookie and someone was hungry, I must at the very least cut in half, if not, give it to them.

If you wish to donate directly, you can go to Unidos por Puerto Rico. You can google it up. Donations go straight to the Island, not the Red Cross. Like the eagle, with God's help, we will rise again. 

Respected Contributor

@Coquitaino

Thank you soooo much! I was looking for a reputable site to give directly to 🇵🇷 Puerto Rico.