Honored Contributor

Puerto Rico Hit With Another Natural Disaster

6.4 Magnitude earthquake hit the Island yesterday. Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: Puerto Rico Hit With Another Natural Disaster

Mother nature has not been kind recently.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Those poor, suffering people.  Their infrastructure has been brutally hit two times too many for a fragile economy.

Esteemed Contributor

One of their natural tourist sites, a rock formation on the coast was destroyed. Villages on the southwest part were hit. So far, not major population centers. I feel so bad for them.

Super Contributor

I am terrified for my family in P.R. How much more can they take. When Hurricane Maria happened I didn't get to speak to some relatives until January 2018. I was grateful that they ended up being fine and only my uncle lost his roof. It's hard to prepare for earthquakes. 

Honored Contributor

I feel very sad for all those affected by the earthquake. Puerto Rico has suffered from hurricanes and now an earthquake.  It is just devastating and I hope they get help and are able to move forward.  

With all the natural disasters going on, fires, tornadoes, flooding it is frightening.  It takes a short time for disaster to strike and a long road ahead to overcome. 

Honored Contributor

Those poor people certainly have had more than their share of misfortune the past few years.  I hope the US government is not so stingy with assistance this time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Aren't earthquakes kind of rare in that part of the world?  I lived in PR for four years and never once had a tremor or anything close to a tremor.

Honored Contributor

This is the first I've heard of the PR earthquake and I'm an avid news watcher. Guess the US is preoccupied with other tragedies.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Aren't earthquakes kind of rare in that part of the world?  I lived in PR for four years and never once had a tremor or anything close to a tremor.

@SilleeMee.  Don't forget the big earthquake they had in Haiti.  Apparently the Caribbean earthquakes don't generate tsunamis.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment