Honored Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

@Carmiewrote:

@VenturaHighway  Yes, some of them do.  That is understandable.

When I worked, our toilets  were not self flushing and they were always wet.  The cleaning lady even put signs in the stalls to sit and not hover. 

The seats were wet and the floors were always sticky and splattered.  The cleaning lady said the men’s room was cleaner.  It’s Unbelievable  how some well dressed beautiful women are pigs in public restrooms.  I wonder how clean their bathrooms are at home.

@Carmie

Years ago, I worked for a company that had predominantly female employees on my floor.  We were having a serious problem with a woman who was straddling and spraying the seats, and not wiping up after herself.   It was a mystery for a while, but we finally figured out who it was and "set a trap".   All seats were clean and dry, and everyone used another rest room until the culprit used the regular bathroom.   

The secretary to the president checked the stall after she came out, and had the woman come into her office for what seemed like a heated closed-door discussion.  The sprayer repeatedly denied the spraying and was finally told she would be reported to HR with a serious complaint for her permanent file .... yes, she was ultimately threatened to stop the gross behavior.

Well, she finally realized everyone knew it was her, and she was ultimately shamed into changing her nasty behavior.  What drama!  

BTW .....  the female sprayer was an attorney!  

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I push the stall open with the back of my hand, throw the first couple of toilet paper squares away, squat and urinate.  I take my already retrieved toilet paper, wipe and use my foot to flush if there is a protruding side handle, use a piece of toilet paper to flush if there is a regular handle.  

I wash my hands and if there is tissue or something there, I turn off the faucet with that.  I get another piece of paper to use to open the door to leave.  Most places have a garbage can right at the door for discarding that paper.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Statistics say not to use the "first stall" ... that is the most common one used. 

Sadly, I am one of those who grab the Handicap stall if unoccupied.  In the regular stalls, I can barely move around especially if I have to hang my purse around my neck to avoid floor contact.  I have not used a public restroom in a long time such as Walmart or restaurant due to what I used to "find" in there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The OP's bathroom routine is the most bizarre I've read in a long time.  Why don't you carry a sani-wipe with you and wipe down the toilet seat before you use it?  In fact, why doesn't everyone who is a serious gemaphobe.  My pet peeve is women who hover the toilet while urinating, spray urine everywhere and leave without cleaning it up.  What pigs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mercyMewrote:

Statistics say not to use the "first stall" ... that is the most common one used. 

Sadly, I am one of those who grab the Handicap stall if unoccupied.  In the regular stalls, I can barely move around especially if I have to hang my purse around my neck to avoid floor contact.  I have not used a public restroom in a long time such as Walmart or restaurant due to what I used to "find" in there.

Sometimes when entering a regular stall, I have to move

all the way in, close to the toilet bowl, just to get the door

to close behind me. Or, I will move to the side and flatten

myself close to the stall’s wall so I can push the door past

me. Not much room if you have shopping bags plus a

purse. So if a handicap stall is unoccupied I choose it.

Honored Contributor

Like at our Kaiser- one normal stall and one that's handicap "accessible"..  I use both.. outside of their comprehensive care center is one large bathroom for both handicap and normal..  I don't know what the big deal is, if you've got 20 + women waiting in line to use the bathroom, and no one in line is handicapped either by visual or with a scooter & etc., use that extra stall.  That's what it's there for..  I'm sure none of us would hog it up for someone that was handicapped, I sure as hail wouldn't but what's going to happen, be given a ticket for P&P in a larger stall?  Plus most times the baby changing thing is in them so there you go..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraftwrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

I walk in use the rest room,wash my hands and use the paper I dried my hands with to open the door to leave, if possible.

I have digestive problems and have had to use dirty restrooms that I wish I didn’t have to.  My choices are limited in an emergency...have an accident ( which I have, many times) or use the dirty facilities.  I will cover the seat if it is dirty.

i hate when women straddle the toilet and do not sit down.  They leave the seat wet for the next person.  

I saw a program on TV where they checked public restrooms for germs.  Most of the toilet seats were clean, the sinks and door knobs were full of germs.

@Carmie, I am highly insulted at your slam against the high-risers among us. I don't know about my fellow perchers, but I have never, ever left an errant drop. It's all in the positioning and heck, who knows, maybe in the size of one's derriere.

@suzyQ3  I consider it the fine art of "hovering."  Woman LOL

Image result for dont hover over toilet animated gif

Woman LOL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover  Omg, she is touching the bare toilet seat with her hands.  Where is the sanitizer and the paper liner?

oh, I see...she might have wiped everything with the toilet paper first, and threw it on the floor because there was no trash can in the stall. And since she isn’t handicapped, why is she in that stall?

thanks for the laugh...that’s a good one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG, LOL   I think I spit it out both ends laughing @MorningLover

• Image result for spit water out gif
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee