Super Contributor

Do you have one or do you just walk in and do your business without any concern?

Just curious Cat Tongue

Here is mine and you might think I exagerate but don't care! LOL

I walk in and take a napkin if they have them.

With it I open the door to the stall and latch it closed without touching a thing.

Discard the towel and take some toilet paper and wipe the seat off well, flush it down to get cleaner water. I use another piece of toilet paper to touch the flush handle.

Take 4, yes 4, toilet seat covers and put 2 sort of up and down, making sure to cover everything so that there is over-hang, the other 2 go sideways so now the seat is completely covered.

I don't bother to tear the covers open as they open when you sit down.

When finished, I have to flush 2 or 3 times with all that paper but it always works.

Always use a piece of toilet paper to touch the flush handle and another to unlatch the door and open it.

Wash hands with soap, use a paper towel to open door to restroom.

If I go in to a restroom that is gross, I will hold it, I will do anything but use that restroom. I would rather go outdoors behind a bush than use a filthy restroom.

Airplanes are another problem for me because people seem to get sloppy in them so I have been known to hold it, even on long flights, until I get to the next airport. I never drink tea or coffee on planes because they are diuretic.

In the airport, if they have an airline or American Express lounge, I go there.

What's your routine?

Respected Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

I walk in, go to the bathroom, wash my hands and walk out

Honored Contributor

I use a seat cover if they have them and put tp on the seat if they don't. I wash my hands and leave.

Honored Contributor

@scatcatwrote:

I walk in, go to the bathroom, wash my hands and walk out

Me too, I just try to make the best of the situation.

Honored Contributor

I open the door with my hand. If there are no dead bodies or bodily substances on the floor, I proceed. I wash my hands before I leave. I close the door again with my hand. The only variation is that sometimes I reapply lipstick.

I have my own demons, but hyper concern about public restrooms isn't one of them, unless of course you count the fact that I don't actually sit on the toilet seat. I forgot to include that in my routine.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I use my a piece of my clothing to lock the door. If there aren’t seat covers then I wipe the seat with antibacterial gel kept in my purse. Wash hands and use paper towel to open the door and leave. 

Super Contributor

@deepwaterdotter@scatcat

That's fine if it doesn't bother you, I used to be like that when I was a kid.

Trusted Contributor

Not only do I think your post is WAY Too Much Information, but I think even asking people about their personal habits like this, even in public facilities, is just nosy and intrusive. There’s a limit to the casual disclaimer of “just asking; you don’t have to answer.”  Or “why did you read it, if you're so offended”?

You’ve achieved consummate rude. I’m not even going to look at this thread again to see if it’s getting further posts. Hopefully, my reply will inspire a Mod to remove the whole thread.  

No one should know your fastidious personal habits in public bathrooms. Or be asked about theirs. 

yeah, just my opinion.  

Super Contributor

@suzyQ3  LOL if only! I'm not talented that way, (not sitting on seat) it will all end up in my shoes LOLCat Surprised

Super Contributor

@gizmogal

That's fine! I don't mind that you have an opinion, Thank you for sharing! Cat Happy

@OKPrincess  That's a pretty good routine too