Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

The only place I am extra careful is at my doctors office, it is a huge practice and I make sure I use paper towel or my coat sleeve to open the door, but then again I do that with the door to the building too, you never know who has what

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Your post sounds like a step-by-step tutorial of how to use a restroom. That's why I asked how you turn off the faucets.  You didn't mention that step and I wouldn't want anyone over the age of 14 to leave the water running because you left them hanging.  

Honored Contributor

When I lived in Turkey in the seventies and was out sightseeing or shopping and had to use the restroom there was a piece of porcelain with two footprints and a hole between them! Stand and go! Fun times.

Honored Contributor

For anyone that gets that freaked out over germs, maybe wearing an adult diaper is the way to go .....  pun intended.   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

For anyone that gets that freaked out over germs, maybe wearing an adult diaper is the way to go .....  pun intended.   Woman LOL

I can't imagine being that paranoid.  What most people don't understand, you create a health immune system by being exposed to germs.  Slathering your body and everything around you with sanitizers will leave you unable to fight off anything.  I wonder what would happen to the germaphobes of the world if they saw what is crawling on their skin every minute of every day.  My guess they would be to have a heart attack or stroke. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

When I lived in Turkey in the seventies and was out sightseeing or shopping and had to use the restroom there was a piece of porcelain with two footprints and a hole between them! Stand and go! Fun times.

@proudlyfromNJ- My husband encountered this in China, probably 8 yrs. ago, or so.  The office had a "western" option but the locals would walk past the western stall to use the other one.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@proudlyfromNJ- My husband encountered this in China, probably 8 yrs. ago, or so.  The office had a "western" option but the locals would walk past the western stall to use the other one.  

Those squatting potties exist all over Europe and Asia.  You have to quite proficient in learning how to use them if you are wearing long pants.

I saw the most beautiful public restroom in Greece with blue tile that was breathtaking.  It was a new building and there were no western toilets in there.

In the places where there are western toilets in Asia, there are signs on the walls showing how to use them.  The have a silhouette of a woman with her feet on the seat squatting with a big red X over the picture and beside that one a silhouette of a woman sitting on the seat.

When using a restroom in a Bangkok Mall where they had both types of toilets, I chose a western one.  The women in the restroom were trying to peek into the stall to watch me.  I had to yell, kick and hit the door to keep them away so I could have some privacy.  I also had to buy TP and pay for the privilege of using the facilities.

i have had some really funny adventures using the facilities when traveling out of the US.

Respected Contributor

Those who are not handicapped and choose to use a stall or even worse a parking spot should be ashamed .

Honored Contributor

This was posted earlier in this thread..... by another poster..

According to the ADA handicapped stalls are equipped to handle the needs of a disabled person, but are not reserved for them alone to use.

If they are empty, they can be used by anyone.

Yep.  Handicap accessible.  Not handicap only.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1, large size women sometimes have to you the handicapped toilet because of their size.  I'm only 133 lbs and sometimes have to do clever maneuvering, lol.

@sydsgma1wrote:

Those who are not handicapped and choose to use a stall or even worse a parking spot should be ashamed .

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)