Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Today at a FL Mass, which was significantly down in attendance, the well dressed woman at the other end of my pew left her used hand wipe crumpled on the fabric seat.  

She later moved to the pew in front of her and by the end of Mass there was another crumpled hand wipe sitting beside her.

DH stopped me from confronting her.  What was her problem ?...  If she didn't want to contaminate her beautiful purse, she could have picked up the used wipes into a baggie and then into her purse.

We need to step up and speak out.  I would have quietly said to her "you left your soiled hand wipe in the pew ... for the sake of others, please think about leaving your trash behind."

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

For a long time, not something new related to COVID19, I have been disgusted by those who treat the world as if it were their personal dumpster.

Who thinks this way?  How does anyone think it’s OK?

It's upsetting to me to see behavior like this, too.

I said to my husband that we're especially living in very trying times right now, and I personally feel like we're going to either see the very best of some people, or the very worst of some people, regarding their personal behavior.