Honored Contributor

Re: Professional Development: Empathy Training

@QueenDanceALotMy question  as to why a person is attracted to a sociopath,was not meant  to judge you,i only know there are alot of them out there and was just wondering.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

A common first sign of a child who is a psychopath is that it's not uncommon for them to hurt animals.

I won't go into detail there for obvious reason.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

What i would like to know is why are some people attracted to a sociopath?

@goldensrbest

Because many are quite charming, they learn how and practice it, all the while manipulating the other person.

The Prime Example who fits that description and is the poster boy for it was Ted Bundy.  You may remember him.

Yes, but bundy was evil also ,does that mean that a sociopath , might be a killer?

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

A common first sign of a child who is a psychopath is that it's not uncommon for them to hurt animals.

I won't go into detail there for obvious reason.

I thought bundy was this.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@QueenDanceALotMy question  as to why a person is attracted to a sociopath,was not meant  to judge you,i only know there are alot of them out there and was just wondering.

@goldensrbest

That's O.K. goldensrbest.  If you have never known one or been targeted by one you wouldn't know.  I certainly didn't know.  I'd read about them, heard about them, of course, but never actually been involved in a relationship with one.  

It can happen to anyone.  No one is immune. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

Because many are quite charming, they learn how and practice it, all the while manipulating the other person.

The Prime Example who fits that description and is the poster boy for it was Ted Bundy.  You may remember him.

Yes, but bundy was evil also ,does that mean that a sociopath , might be a killer?

@goldensrbest

Some sociopaths and psychopaths are killers.  Serial killers?  Classic psychopaths. 

The defining characteristic is that psychopaths have no conscience, they do not feel remorse.

Honored Contributor

How the mind works,and personality types ,has always been interesting.

Honored Contributor

There is some debate in the mental health community re: defining a sociopath.  It used to mean someone with anti-social behavior issues, including gamblers.

But now, some in the field believe sociopaths can also not have a conscience.

The serious killers are psychopaths, not sociopaths.

Reminder: not all psychopaths do harm, that's a fairly new finding.  It is thought to be on a spectrum.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Sociopaths are very often charismatic.  They can be adept at appearing charming and are often intelligent. They can be persuasive and can recognize the weakness in a person that would make them an easy target for that persuasion. I've a,so read that many leaders past and present are sociopaths.

That's why tyrants can often win over large numbers of people. They are adept at preying on the weaknesses of others. 

You and I are on the same page again, @Ms tyrion2  Smiley Happy  You are right on.

Woman Happy   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Noel:  I'm thinking that they have a 'one track mind', an 'agenda'.  Similar to a race horse wearing side-blinders.    Nothing will 'get in their way', so to speak.  Such an interesting type of personality.  Somehow, some way, some day, this mystery will become more and more clear to researchers.  p.s.: (And, yes, they seem to have a definite 'cover-up'.  I'm guessing that they target certain people; a fixation on someone, maybe on a 'kind' personality type.  As I've said before, some people just can't stand a 'nice'/'kind' person. Mainly because they are so opposite in nature.  (Just thinking/pondering out loud........)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).