Super Contributor

I just noticed that a local high end store - beginning with the letter A - is selling a very pretty set of dessert plates featuriing the 12 days of Christmas.  When I looked at the picture closely I noticed that the 7 swans a swmming was pictured and labeled as the 7 swans a skating.  Is this a variation I am not aware of?   I know this is not the most important thing happening these days but I wonder  how the "Anthro" store could overlook this ?   Thanks!!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Product mistake - not QVC

Didn't see anything via Google but I'm GUESSING that, given the snowy scenes of most of the plates, that skating on ice made more visual sense than swimming if it's supposed to be that cold outside. Thus the change.  But, I'm only guessing.

Cute plates otherwise.

Respected Contributor

I looked at them and ALL of the other plates have depicted the appropriate sentiment from the song.

It would be odd to change one plate to "seven swans skating."

It would be interesting to know the reason behind the change on one.  Perhaps someone did not proof the artwork correctly.

Strange.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Probably made overseas and the programmer used a spell check or incorrect translation. 

Believe it or not, it happens very ofter.  Just do a web search to see.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

It's also missing four swans.

Screenshot (115).png

Respected Contributor

After viewing the plates, my vote goes to creative license.  The manufacturer either hopes the purchaser has a good sense of humor and whimsy, or the purchaser is not familiar with the song.

Me, I am a traditionalist.  I'd like the plates to match the original song.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

The pond probably froze. These things happen.

Valued Contributor

It's a really long song.  Is anyone really sure? Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Skating seems more seasonal than swimming.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:

I just noticed that a local high end store - beginning with the letter A - is selling a very pretty set of dessert plates featuriing the 12 days of Christmas.  When I looked at the picture closely I noticed that the 7 swans a swmming was pictured and labeled as the 7 swans a skating.  Is this a variation I am not aware of?   I know this is not the most important thing happening these days but I wonder  how the "Anthro" store could overlook this ?   Thanks!!  

@gellen @It's an error. Either the product was made incorrectly or the catalog has a mistake in it.